Would you buy a saw here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gibb

John
I enjoyed the post from all the menbers. Mr. Gibb is new to me First time I have heard about him and his brother.

If you could trace his familey tree I bet his ancestors are from North Carolina, USA. Honest , Knowes his product, Good to deal with,No bull straight to the point,Very good business man,The same with all customers Fair

Yet, has all the makings of the N,C. ways.

J.R.;)

Guilber Lane:

I've read this post with interest. Does anyone have a phone number for Gilbert Lane and his brother? Would be interesting to call him if I needed some parts for restoration. Tried to do a people search but no results for him. Thanks. Lewis.

What do you need, cause if you just phone him out of the blue he will say no, i have nothing.
he does not have anything old there , the oldest would be mid 60's but alot of 70's stuff, he has got a ton of those 80cc echo saws that are just like brandnew but have one thing or another wrong with them, alot of homeatnight stuff,

To ehp:

Hi ehp, I don't need anythig right now for the saws I have. I try to collect saws made from the 60's back. Just thought if he had a phone nimber it would be great to have. He sounds like a very interesting fellow. Have talked to some Canadian people about saws and they all have a story or two to tell about their collection. I just find them interesting. Who knows he might have an old saw around, he's picked up that a person could buy or get parts from. Thanks for the reply. Lewis.

Originally posted by ehp
I guess i am lucky or maybe i just used my head for once but i have been all over the place and in the secret basement which not many others have been , to be honest i donot know of any others being in it, found a brandnew partner 7000 plus and a p100 brandnew, figures he has a brandnew 166 s-dolmar but have not found it yet

Wow, you've been in the secret basement! I know the Purolator guy who used to delivery saws to him and he hasn't even been down there; he used to pass the boxes down through the basement window. Me and my buds figure it is probably a palace down there were everything is well organized and clean ;)

it is not what most guys think, i have been told Gibb has 500 saws down there which is not true, he does have around 150 to 200 saws on most days in the basement, reason he sells alot of different brands so you need a couple of each size that ,each company makes and the ones you sell the most you keep more of like the 372 , 385, 365

I know this is an old thread, I'm a new member, this guy still around? I see ehp is banned so couldn't pm him? Also anyone know his 1st name? Thanks:greenchainsaw:

Can't tell a book by its cover...and all those sayings apply probably. I have a dealer similar in nature in Maryland NY. He has been selling saws since the earths crust cooled off and has a similar style to this Gibb's fellow.

I make a pilgrimage there at least once a year to find "un-obtainable" McCulloch and Homelite parts as well as just appreciating the time spent with a person who has the incredable amount of history and experience this fellow does.

So to the origional question?

Yes I would.

(I also have learn over the years and years racing motorcycles and dealing in that world....beware of the image oriented dealers AND if your a dealer..customers.)

Back