Would you trade in your Dolmar 6800i for a Solo 675?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was looking to get some opinions on the Solo but figured I might as well get down to the meat and potatoes.

I've come across a NOS Solo 675 which I could pretty much trade in my 6800i for plus a few bucks. Just wondering if this is really a good step up or not.

The Dolly has all the power I need, I'm just thinking that maybe this 675 will last a whole lot longer and right now the 6800i still has value.

Yay or nay, anybody?

unless condition was drastically different (ie dolly was beat up & used hard while the solo was cared for & mint) I probably wouldnt. you're gaining a little in CC but you know your saw & presumably have kept up with the maintenance on it. you'd be right pissed if you traded & then the solo died because of problem you were unaware of prior to the deal.

now, if you have the option of adding the solo, as well as keeping your dolmar, then do so, by all means :)

Thanks for the replies. I suppose I should have elaborated on NOS, meaning brand New, just Old Stock and still in the box... partly why I'm considering.

The 6800i I purchased used from an arborist and I do look after it pretty well, so its in great condition. The Solo is new, so unless they are known for issues....

In a perfect world I'd like both, but in reality I need a 70cc saw only every once in a while so having two is not an option for me.

The Dolmar 6800 is so close to 70 Why bother but then again that solo is an excellent saw and you could always flip either one if you decided you liked one better than the other here on the trading post without any problem... in fact there would be plenty of us CAD Tree freaks fighting over either one its a no brainer,, I'll take the solo if you don't want it

Some race guys way back ran a 675 against a 385 and the 675 was out cutting it in can't with same bar and chain. This was probably 2009 or so if I remember right.

This thread is a couple of years old......but thats ok. The solo 675 WILL eat the Dolmar for breakfast and l would put money on a 675 vs 372/576 or 441/461 anyday. Solo are the most underated OPE manufactorer on earth lMO.
Duh!!!!! can't blame a CAD Tree Freak for trying

Latest posts

Back