Wrapped up 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idiot

Who needs a friggen saw case. I guess there are guys that keep their saws looking show room new that dont even wear the paint off their bars or get scratches in the plastic or paint chips or dull the chain get oil on the base of the bar get sawdust on the saw but some actually use their saws.. Their sparkling saw is a badge of honor. To some a well used not abused saw is a badge of honor.

was i getting grief from a guy who has a pic of himself cutting in shorts and no shirt, smoking a cigarette???....wow....yes some people take pride in keeping theirs things clean, im not a big fan of my saws bouncing around the truck bed with a chance of getting damaged...i work in the public and i like customers to see nice clean equipment....but anywho why am i explaining myself to you..... but theres no use getting in a battle of wits with an unarmed man so this is where i stop....;)

was i getting grief from a guy who has a pic of himself cutting in shorts and no shirt, smoking a cigarette???....wow....yes some people take pride in keeping theirs things clean, im not a big fan of my saws bouncing around the truck bed with a chance of getting damaged...i work in the public and i like customers to see nice clean equipment....but anywho why am i explaining myself to you..... but theres no use getting in a battle of wits with an unarmed man so this is where i stop....;)

TOUCHE!:chainsaw::greenchainsaw::agree2:

Thats a sexy looking machine you got there. I picked up the 3/4 wrap kit for mine and it feels much better. I'm running a 20" ES on mine though.. I mounted the 25" on there but it felt nose heavy & I have concerns about trying to pull that through bigger wood.

Yes, it's an OEM part (kit) #1135-007-1007

IIRC about $150 and included->
3/4 wrap bar & different springs,
Lower sprocket cover & longer chip flap,
Chain Catcher (inner-outer spikes & roller catcher)

If one only cut/fell ALAP on moderate slopes, a half wrap is all ya need... I've been in a couple of deals - storm cleanups - where a double edged sword would have been real handy.

Last edited:
Double touche chrismcle, I feel the same way as you do. I only cut on the weekends but i also keep my saws in cases when i transport them in the truck or the quad and clean them after i am done. Some of us just take better care of equipment then others. I spent alot of money on my saws and (ppe) gear and want them around for a long time so i am guilty also for pampering my power equipment also.

:hmm3grin2orange:I love it when people take my avatar serious thats a hoot. Yea some people do take pride in their equipment including me thats prolly why I got 3000 hours out of an 044 before it needed a clutch side bearing seal which Andy/Lakeside replaced for me a few years ago. Some where burried in these thousands of threads he even made some comments about the great condition the saw was in for so many hours on it.

You say you dont need to explain yourself and no you dont.Love it you explain your self than tell me you dont need to. There are a lot of ways to keep a saw from bouncing around a truck. Just cracks me up I ve seen threads about best wax for making your saw look pretty bars with no wear marks on em these saws really arnt that delicate,

Hey guys grow some skin and get a grip allready sheesh but I did get a good laugh from you guys. An impeccably cleaned saw reminds me of the guy at work with the 2008 F250 4x4 quad shocks lift kit super swampers but wont take it off the road scared hell ding it.
This 044 was worth saving.. 1991...maybe 2500-3000 hours, 150 plus compression, and you can still see the machining marks on most of the piston skirt!!! Been run all its life on Dino oil... and obviously looked after. Most of the paint is still intact and the plastic is in goods shape. Even the carb is original.. as was the fuel filter (but that got changed...). Unusually great condition for a pro-use saw...

The carb was flaky on the low end. Hard to hold a consistent idle and the idle was nowhere near the standard carb settings. The pressure test was perfect.. the vac test showed a real slow leak, but well within spec. Popped of the flywheel and applied some light oil to the seal - the leak stopped. Prodded the seal gently with a screw driver and it immediately leaked again.

Replaced the seal, test ran the saw, and cut wood. Normal idle centered right around 1 turn out.

The 066 just needed a minor adjust on the low end. Cut great even with a slightly dull chain. Flowmax(?) air filter and two snorting pipes. Great sound. Saw might have been worked over by Walkers..

I got to put another face to an AS name.. I'm already three beers into the case :D

Chop away guys I aint a scared

Last edited:

Doesn't everybody cut dressed like that?

I got a 361 that I HAD to cut with the past few weeks due to me having to work on my 028 Super. That 028 should have been up and running after a 30 minute carb rebuild, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO, I had to be an idiot. :dizzy:

Well, I'm just felling/bucking for firewood, and tend to stay with trees in the 20" dia. or less. That 028 Super with an 18" bar is just the perfect saw for me. Not sure if it's my anatomical/physio make-up, but it fits me like an old pair of boots that ya can't get rid of. That 361 feels totally bulky, unbalanced and awkward. I'm running a 20" bar on it. Anybody want to buy a 361 ?:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back