X-Tough (not light) bar info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Campbellcontractlogging

Campbellcontractlogging

ArboristSite Operative
I bought one of these recently online, but I have not seen them much on shelves. The color scheme looks a lot like the laminated "farm-tough" bars, but it is (according to the description) a much higher quality, professional grade bar. As far as pricing goes, a step above the Oregon Powercut Husqvarna bars, just below the top tier Sugihara Husqvarna X-tough light line. Described as solid chromoly construction.

Who makes these?

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/bars/x-tough-3-8-solid-rsn-bar-xtr/?article=596688272
They are extremely tough and durable extremely I’m serious I cut timber 6 days a week lots of bore cut pinch’s I’m very hard on bars and I’ve yet to blow a tip out they are crazy tough I figured the labeling was a gimmick but it isn’t.

Campbellcontractlogging

Campbellcontractlogging

ArboristSite Operative
Do you remember on the package or does it say where the bar was made? This is something I have also been trying to figure out after I got my x tough. A quick search shows that the lightweight x tough has a 5 rivet nose, the standard x tough is a a nicely stout 6 rivet. Now that I’m looking more, I can’t really find a non light weight sugi or a sugi with 6 rivets. The nose looks similar but I can’t find any direct copy like with the light weight bar. This might be all Husky production with or without a little help from from Sugi, but I don’t think they’re relabeled Japanese bars.

I’m very happy with my 24 inch x tough but only time will tell what it’s really worth.
I’m pretty sure husqvarna bought Windsor so I’m assuming that’s who makes them but who knows

Maintenance supervisor

Maintenance supervisor

Every 100yrs, All new people...
. AS Supporting Member.
Oregon used to manufacture the bars and chains for Husqvarna but Oregon was purchased 2xs in last couple of years and not by classic chainsaw companies.
Husqvarna now has their own chain manufacturing facility in Sweden and Sugihara and tsumura handle the bars. If you live in north America its Sugi in Europe it's tsumura.
I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Sugihara light bar, but light is a relative term.

Squareground3691

Squareground3691

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Do you remember on the package or does it say where the bar was made? This is something I have also been trying to figure out after I got my x tough. A quick search shows that the lightweight x tough has a 5 rivet nose, the standard x tough is a a nicely stout 6 rivet. Now that I’m looking more, I can’t really find a non light weight sugi or a sugi with 6 rivets. The nose looks similar but I can’t find any direct copy like with the light weight bar. This might be all Husky production with or without a little help from from Sugi, but I don’t think they’re relabeled Japanese bars.

I’m very happy with my 24 inch x tough but only time will tell what it’s really worth.
There’s no info on bar as to who made it , box long gone