Ya gotta love a good oil thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 267128 $24 a gallon rc fuel and H1r 32:1 spike it with some booster ,have a great fuel coctail for your saw
attachment.php

Is that what you were running in the hybrid?

i just found that on the web ,posted it to see what reactions id get ,i was running stihl ultra 50to 1 and 92 ,ive switched to 92 pump and 32 to 1 h1r after your orders

edit : i have had reports from some cutters locally ,they ran trick race fuel leaded and reported the exhaust temps were cooler using that fuel ,i havent tried myself so cant confirm this

Last edited:
32:1, 91 oct no ethanol, purple power? syn, which ain't purple sos I add a splash of amsoil to color the mix, and give it some smoke, which was in a dollar box at an auction.

And yes its really amsoil as the top was sealed. The Lawn Boy loves it. At 40:1.

Last edited:
thanks ,now i have a mental picture of you underneath an old ihc trying to suck the 90 weight out for your homelite

Nah. I'd be under somebody else's non-IHC rig...............siphoning oil to use in the boss's Stihl...:D

With a straw.

Ack. The thought of that makes me ill. Gear oil.........especially used gear oil smells terrible. The worst machinery related smell I've ever experienced (by wide margin) was the 'chocolate milk' oil/water/cheese mixture that I drained from the rear axle/gearcase of dad's 8N Ford. That stuff had been in there for YEARS.

When I pulled the plug (which is something like 2" diameter IIRC), clear water drained out for a few seconds (that's a LOT of water) before the oil-ish stuff drained out. The smell of that stuff would knock a buzzard offa #### wagon at 50 yards...:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back