Ya gotta love a good oil thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Siphoned from the rear end of a crummy?

Nope, can't get the drain plug loose. It leaks a little. When it quits leaking they'll figure something out.

There's a big tank of drained oil in one corner of the shop...90wt, 10W30, hydraulic oil, sludge out of 966 oil pans, kerosene, av gas, JetA, all kinds of good stuff all mixed in together.

It's available to anyone who wants it. For free. They told us we could use it for bar oil. So far there haven't been any takers. The shop crew has been dumping the left over coffee at the end of each shift into that tank...that stuff is dangerous.

if i was closer i would pick it up my gravity feed burner in my shop would burn it fine :ices_rofl:

i just found that on the web ,posted it to see what reactions id get ,i was running stihl ultra 50to 1 and 92 ,ive switched to 92 pump and 32 to 1 h1r after your orders

edit : i have had reports from some cutters locally ,they ran trick race fuel leaded and reported the exhaust temps were cooler using that fuel ,i havent tried myself so cant confirm this

Racing fuels do not work well in chainsaws. Too many additives in it. Turns to glue and caused my rings to stick. Zero compression.

And one member, forgot his name, said AV gas was good for at least 5 years.

AV 100LL

Non-ethanol 87

--- both 50:50 with premix

or

-- Tru Fuel 50:50

Besides, we're waiting for the killer recommendation on oil that we have not heard about before.

Gologit needs to bring some of those tank dainings down the Bothe Park when he comes by next. Bet we could use it to flood kerfs in down and dry madrone to stop it from eating chains ... Tank and crankcase drainings is good in squirt can for dry hard woods :)

Besides, we're waiting for the killer recommendation on oil that we have not heard about before.

Gologit needs to bring some of those tank dainings down the Bothe Park when he comes by next. Bet we could use it to flood kerfs in down and dry madrone to stop it from eating chains ... Tank and crankcase drainings is good in squirt can for dry hard woods :)

Oh yeah...I can see the look on Ranger Sandy's face now. "You want to spray WHAT on the trees?" I'll just bring extra chains...extra sharp and filed a little blunt across the top angle. And files.

Besides, it's not the various petroleum based liquid wastes that would wreak environmental havoc on the park. It's the left over coffee that the mechanics throw away that's the truly nasty product. They haven't found a Haz-Mat label yet that adequately describes that stuff. They used to just pour it out on the asphalt apron behind the shop but it was melting the blacktop. :laugh:

Oh yeah...I can see the look on Ranger Sandy's face now. "You want to spray WHAT on the trees?" I'll just bring extra chains...extra sharp and filed a little blunt across the top angle. And files.

Besides, it's not the various petroleum based liquid wastes that would wreak environmental havoc on the park. It's the left over coffee that the mechanics throw away that's the truly nasty product. They haven't found a Haz-Mat label yet that adequately describes that stuff. They used to just pour it out on the asphalt apron behind the shop but it was melting the blacktop. :laugh:

Good thinking Bob. An angry, armed redheaded lass is nothing to trifle with...

"Shop coffee" seems to always be like that for some reason...

The above statements both come from my personal experiences.:dizzy:

filed blunt and a bit high on the rakers, dead standing Madrones are real prizes.

Well we've got a bunch of 'em Randy. Plenty to go around. Head south and cut with us.:cheers:

It is a plan my good man. When?

Will get back you you on that my friend. We'll be having quite a few work days coming up over the next few months. We have the results of the 'hazard tree' survey that need to be addressed..........as well as whatever the storms put down for us. Much of what's there is so close together that it don't hit the ground when it blows over. They like to root pull and go about 15-20degrees over and then hang up. Many of the trees are intertwined up in the canopy...

Right now we're getting the boom truck and the chipper back on line. There's a lotta overhanging stuff over the access roads that need to be dealt with. We have a nutty guy here that can't wait to go up in that bucket. Not me. I'll do it when I have to, but I prefer to have my boots on the ground.:cool2:

Will get back you you on that my friend. We'll be having quite a few work days coming up over the next few months. We have the results of the 'hazard tree' survey that need to be addressed..........as well as whatever the storms put down for us. Much of what's there is so close together that it don't hit the ground when it blows over. They like to root pull and go about 15-20degrees over and then hang up. Many of the trees are intertwined up in the canopy...

Right now we're getting the boom truck and the chipper back on line. There's a lotta overhanging stuff over the access roads that need to be dealt with. We have a nutty guy here that can't wait to go up in that bucket. Not me. I'll do it when I have to, but I prefer to have my boots on the ground.:cool2:

If the nutty guy isnt quite nutty enough You know somebody Nuttier than him that will do it. Bucket trucks are one of my favorites

Stihloilspiston.jpg

Stilhoilspskirt.jpg

Stihloilspcrown.jpg

This has me really wondering something here, All the talk of setting squish up at about 20 well the photos of the carbon build up looks as thick or thicker to me. What about carbon knock and lower end bearing failure ?

fer every gallon i mix i drop a tablespoon of ma's fine bacon drippins werks goood and smells like bacon

Jughead, How much Marvel oil do you add?

I use Marvel oil in everything except 2cycles, I've been temped to add a bit in my chainsaw mix.

I've read that marvel oil was used in WWII fighter planes. I've run it in engines that were gunked by old fuel, and had it clean the carb and what else after a couple hours.

When I was a mechanic at a cosmetic plant, added caster oil to the gas, there were barrels of it, in my car, got the smell like at the race track, never drew an opinion that it helped or not.

I have 15 gallon storage containers. I mix the MMO in those at 4 ounce per 10 gallon (MMO recommended rate). I then draw off gas for my 2cycle mix and 4 cycle equipment. Stabilizer & mild cleaner....or does nothing at all:eek:uttahere2:...........Back to topic = Stihl Ultra and 89 octane in all 2 cycle OPE. It just smells so good.:msp_unsure:

Latest posts

Back