Yamaha 60 CC motor for a Hot saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a few from Tri Zingers and PW's.

Could they power a saw? I'm thinking small and lite, but RPMS?

I haven't a clue. I've been at Milling and mills and firewood and heating.

I agree with Red.
Red and me were at a show a couple of years ago where a guy showed up with a yz80 bikesaw. The workmanship was the best I have ever seen, it was down right beautiful. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was s-l-o-o-ooow. I think a poulan with a dull chain would have beat it.

If you are going to build a bikesaw there is no point in building anything less that a 125cc, you will have to race it in the open modified class.

I agree with Red.
Red and me were at a show a couple of years ago where a guy showed up with a yz80 bikesaw. The workmanship was the best I have ever seen, it was down right beautiful. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was s-l-o-o-ooow. I think a poulan with a dull chain would have beat it.

If you are going to build a bikesaw there is no point in building anything less that a 125cc, you will have to race it in the open modified class.

Come on Romeo, tell the rest of it.
It would have been a little faster without the transmission still on it.:chainsaw:

Andy

Come on Romeo, tell the rest of it.
It would have been a little faster without the transmission still on it.:chainsaw:

Andy[/QUOTE]

he did powershifts in the cut? hehe

Back