Yellow Jacket Pockets.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwidiesel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Have fitted some new Yellow Jacket pockets to my 352 Vermeer and found the threads were not tapped out right through. When i tightened the cap screws up they siezed even though they were coated with copper compound. I wound a tap through the threads and it took a lot of metal out. Trying to change pocket
s in the field and having this go wrong is a PITA. Seems some six fingered banjo picker isnt doing his job, and letting the customer find out on the job.
The workmanship and paint on the Vermeers is bad enough without the factory supplied parts not fitting properly. Any one else using YJs and how are you finding them. They cut well but the tungsten seems to go blunt a lot quicker than the Pro teeth.

ive had them for over a year and not impressed at all, had pockets wear out ive had to switch pocket bolts because of pocket wear after about 100 hrs but hey im probably doin something wrong

Dont let the teeth wear down too far, they seem to protect the pockets. When they get down the wear on the pockets really accelerates.
I find the teeth cut really well when new but quickly lose their edge, but a touch up on a diamond wheel doesnt take long if you do it before too much wear happens. They are way cheaper than pro teeth or Rayco super teeth and much easier to change when blunt, for this alone i will keep on using them until something better comes along. 100 hrs before turning pockets sounds about right, We grind a lot of stumps in rocky ground, also on construction sites ect containing steel and concrete, and the pockets last twice as long as the pro series ones

Last edited:
Back