You got to love this Stihl 440!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the boat more than the saw, but that's just me. Nice picks, looks like a nice place to find Sasquatches hiding. Would love to go Salmon fishing there some day:clap:

Your pictures are really awesome. If I was not tied down where I am I would be there in a heartbeat. I have a family member that has lived in Fairbanks for 40 years. I have visited him a couple of times and I am always amazed by the beauty of the unmolested wilderness. We do not have too much of that in GA.

Thanks again for sharing with us.

Adam

My pleasure!

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words, Alaska is indeed worthy spending once prime years in. A good number of kids that grow up here move South once they have finished college. Some love it, others can't wait to get away from it. It really is not for everybody, but boy when she gets into your blood you are in it for the long haul - and I am lovn' it big time!

Yes there is some logging in Alaska, mainly in the South East, big timber, like Oregon. But many paper mills and logging related businesses shut down over the last years. Timbersales are almost always contested and end up in court.

An Alaskan GTG, now there is an idea :)

Here is the view from my kitchen window in February

024_6_1.jpg

Y'all have a wonderful evening!

I hope I get to see alaska before I die...looks like it's the only other place I could honestly call God's country other than here in the Shenandoah Valley! Do you have enough warm weather there to do much gardening per chance?

What's the deal with the tape on the handle? Looks like something I may borrow. I like your wrap and extended clutch cover.

must have had a screw loose & lost it,,, very unusual on that one!!!!

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words, Alaska is indeed worthy spending once prime years in.

An Alaskan GTG, now there is an idea :)

Here is the view from my kitchen window in February

Lets not do it in February!!!!!

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful country...I HAVE to at least visit there some day!

Kevin

Good morning from up North!

Y'all are very right, The Great Land is truly awe inspiring.

Thought I could quietly sweep the "tape on the 440 handle" under the carpet :) Let me elaborate. Prior to my current 4 legged companion I had a equally loyal and trusty canine that was my sidekick like my own shadow. Nothing being forever, after he drew his last breath I saved a strand of his soft neck hair where he really liked to be scratched. That is what I taped to the handle so he is still on-hand. That's all.

We don't get that much snow, as we experience more of the dry Interior cold as opposed to the moisture laden coastal areas that get dumped on.

I did have a garden once, but quit. The river bottom here is all silt, not overly indusive to gardening. However, a green house is on the to do list. Three rhubarb plants are all I have at this time. They do real well. The season is short, 7 weeks from now we usually get the first snow.

014_5_1.jpg

004_1_1-1.jpg

Y'all enjoy this glorious day!

Last edited:
Y'all are very right, The Great Land is truly awe inspiring.

Thought I could quietly sweep the "tape on the 440 handle" under the carpet :) Let me elaborate. Prior to my current 4 legged companion I had a equally loyal and trusty canine that was my sidekick like my own shadow. Nothing being forever, after he drew his last breath I saved a strand of his soft neck hair where he really liked to be scratched. That is what I taped to the handle so he is still on-hand. That's all.

We don't get that much snow, as we experience more of the dry Interior cold as opposed to the moisture laden coastal areas that get dumped on.

I did have a garden once, but quit. The river bottom here is all silt, not overly indusive to gardening. However, a green house is on the to do list. Three rhubarb plants are all I have at this time. They do real well. The season is short, 7 weeks from now we usually get the first snow.

014_5_1.jpg

004_1_1-1.jpg

Y'all enjoy this glorious day!

ok...when were these pics taken? and not much snow??? that looks like a foot of snow on that picnic table!!

I thought the tape on the handle would give some sweet control. I noticed some Stihls seem to shift there. Anyway, awesome country, someday I will do some hunting there, maybe even move there, although where I live in Wisconsin is pretty great too, with the hunting, four seasons, and beautiful winters. Keep your stick on the ice!

What a beautiful life. I like the snogo pic. I had a stray Australian shepherd follow me home, and Silver stayed with me for 16 years. The tape is a good tribute to a great friend, I relate to that.

Nice scenery, saw, boats, and way to remember your dog.

What kind of outboards are those and do you like them? They look like those mud running motors.

Waylan

I hope I get to see alaska before I die...looks like it's the only other place I could honestly call God's country other than here in the Shenandoah Valley! Do you have enough warm weather there to do much gardening per chance?

Having been to both Alaska and the Shenandoah Valley, you don't have the slightest clue. Alaska is so incredibly vast and spectacularly beautiful, there is nowhere in the lower 48 that compares. My wife and I spent 10 days in Alaska some years ago, and only managed to see the Kenai Peninsula, the Anchorage area, Denali by way of the Alaska Railroad.

Southern, western Virginia is beautiful, particularly the Blue Ridge Mountains. Even better is western North Carolina from Little Switzerland to Cherokee.

Latest posts

Back