You know you have CAD when......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have cad, I decided to repair a Husqvarna 240 out of my own pocket from the dead tool loft at work that had a torched piston. It runs perfect but I need to keep it from those who grab the gas can and don't check it.

Severity of CAD is inversely proportional to the number of existing parts on that carcass where you can't let it be without making it a runner.
I was entertaining the idea of building up an 044 crankcase the other day - it had a good cylinder & piston on it but not a lot else... maybe I have a problem...

at one point i was around 80-100 saws, now i'm down to something manageable like 15-20. it's nice, know some guys that used to be on this site before it went to **** that are 200-500saws

Do it, you know you want to!
seen you around auburn, just did a job at french meadow reservoir, some com sites for the water district, seen **** ton of bears up there

You know you have CAD when.......

View attachment 939794

And they are not all the red ones, I have some double ups and it is not counting the Husqvarnas and Stihls- just to cut a bit of firewood. :laugh:
You seem to be partial to the red ones.. I don't discriminate... I don't have any running jreds, though I've built a few 920's for a friend
20181103_131226.jpg

You know you have CAD when.......

View attachment 939794

And they are not all the red ones, I have some double ups and it is not counting the Husqvarnas and Stihls- just to cut a bit of firewood. :laugh:
... when someone posts an almost complete line up of saws & you think to yourself "I've got the ones he's missing"

You seem to be partial to the red ones.. I don't discriminate... I don't have any running jreds, though I've built a few 920's for a friend
View attachment 939903
I do not discriminate either- I could line up just as many Orange saws and the Orange & Grey ones! Just decided that day would be a Jonsered day is all.

Well, that line is 2137-2159-2171-2186 and 2094.
What have you got to fill the gaps you see?
I have an equally tidy 2145 & 2150. Also a 2165 (in a somewhat sad state) somewhere, but that would probably end up being a 2171 if I ever get around to it. The other gaps I would have to fill in orange

I have an equally tidy 2145 & 2150. Also a 2165 (in a somewhat sad state) somewhere, but that would probably end up being a 2171 if I ever get around to it. The other gaps I would have to fill in orange

The 45-50 I will not arm wrestle you for and the 65 is too close to how I have the 59 set up and the 71. I can fill a lot of gaps with Orange as well.

Do it, you know you want to!
youre-a-bad-influence.jpg

The mechanic at work gave me a not running ryobi 4618, it was free and I didn't have to go pick it up. Its got compression and spark. Its needs a top cover which is literally a 4$ item on this saw.

I dug into that saw a little more after that and the piston has 1 line and a hung ring so it might just become a frankensaw once I decide what engine to use.

I have some where around eleven saws that are operational and am very happy with them. So I plan on buying four more brand new saws soon. Next year gas powered saws will not be available. There is nothing like the feeling of walking up to some trees thinking maybe one saw could do this job but it is sputtering. Your stomach goes sour and you can not sleep at night so plan ahead and have some saw power in reserve. I have about five large saws and two that have never been started so need some small 70 CC saws for limbing and medium size logs. At seventy I wonder how many saws I can still wear out be fore crossing to green pastures. We may never know. Good way to stay young is with many saws and many trees to cut. Thanks

Latest posts

Back