"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My echo 360t broke a stihl chain in some really hard oAK today had to change my chain up in the tree20160222_165548.jpgit was the first time I seen that happen with a small saw

My echo 360t broke a stihl chain in some really hard oAK today had to change my chain up in the treeView attachment 487708it was the first time I seen that happen with a small saw
That's pretty crazy. I have hit bullets and a piece of old barb wire with stihl chain and was surprised i didnt ruin the chain. Did it break safely or was it a sketchy experience? Also what pitch and gauge?

That's pretty crazy. I have hit bullets and a piece of old barb wire with stihl chain and was surprised i didnt ruin the chain. Did it break safely or was it a sketchy experience? Also what pitch and gauge?
It is the 3/8 low pro used on 201Turd.
It wasn't bad at all. I had much worse when a chair pops off in a cut.

I'll take the 66.. trade you a big box with about 4 or 5 poulans in it... I'll even pay shipping on the 66.

I got a toasted 394 (I needed parts from it) for fixing a recoil on an MS170... I think that was a good deal.. came with a 28" bar and chain (chain is pretty gibbled up though)

Also got a decent 32" Stihl Rollomatic ES light bar for free that was getting tossed in the garbage.. I think the 064 would do well with it

It is the 3/8 low pro used on 201Turd.
It wasn't bad at all. I had much worse when a chair pops off in a cut.

Somebody on another forum reported being at chainsaw racing competition where any race chain could be used (sometimes there are rules against grinding down the rivets??). One chain broke at full rev, and a piece punctured a truck tire......about two feet from where the guy was standing.

I'll take the 66.. trade you a big box with about 4 or 5 poulans in it... I'll even pay shipping on the 66.

I got a toasted 394 (I needed parts from it) for fixing a recoil on an MS170... I think that was a good deal.. came with a 28" bar and chain (chain is pretty gibbled up though)

Also got a decent 32" Stihl Rollomatic ES light bar for free that was getting tossed in the garbage.. I think the 064 would do well with it

I just finished looking it over better.. The guy I got it from took it on trade but was told by the PO that it was rebuilt. Well, after looking it over I would say that not only is it freshly rebuilt but I'm also 95% sure that a NWP 272xp kit was used! WIN!

Joseph

Somebody on another forum reported being at chainsaw racing competition where any race chain could be used (sometimes there are rules against grinding down the rivets??). One chain broke at full rev, and a piece punctured a truck tire......about two feet from where the guy was standing.
Well my chain was a stock stihl chain on a work saw and from the times when I had a chain come off have have got hit in the leg and sometimes a few small holes in my pants, nothing major yet. The chain breaking on me just went away from me so it concern me at all

I just finished looking it over better.. The guy I got it from took it on trade but was told by the PO that it was rebuilt. Well, after looking it over I would say that not only is it freshly rebuilt but I'm also 95% sure that a NWP 272xp kit was used! WIN!

Joseph
You suck!... I'll put my manhattan project up for pinks :)

[QUOTE="Rx7man, post: 5772138, member: 125356ou suck!... I'll put my manhattan project up for pinks :)[/QUOTE]

Forgive me for this is my first Husky saw so i'm not very familiar with any of there models.. can you elaborate in the 277? Im just curious.

Joseph

[QUOTE="Rx7man, post: 5772138, member: 125356ou suck!... I'll put my manhattan project up for pinks :)

Forgive me for this is my first Husky saw so i'm not very familiar with any of there models.. can you elaborate in the 277? Im just curious.

Joseph[/QUOTE]
Hehehe.. it's the one they never made! It's a Husky 61 with a 2mm longer crank (I custom made) and a 272 top end, making it 77cc

Ok got the old mcculloch eager beaver 60cc cleaned up and sounds good without bar chain on it. My neighbor though it was a old go cart. Once the wife leaves for work il sharpen a chain and put it to wood. They suck to work on. Disassembly and cleaning is worse than putting it back together. Should have vids tomorrow I hope

Latest posts

Back