Your First Saw Purchase...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheese

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I tried searching and couldn't come up with anything.

After borrowing, helping and working with saws, I am finally ponying up for my first personal saw. Fighting interest in all things new and shiny, being interested in a proven work horse, and looking to save a few bucks, I have an order in for a full wrap 440 with a 25" bar. Should see it at the end of the week.

So, knowing that once you come here you keep buying, what was the FIRST saw you bought, the one that started the stable?

Thanks.

first saw

The first one I bought was a pioneer P42 I used it for 4 years it was a good saw and served me well cut a lot of firewood with her but the crank snapped at the flywheel one winter and I brought her to the dump.

An MS310. Cut enough with it to know that it cuts very well, but the antivibe is too soft and I would often inadvertently hit the brake handle with my glove.

I had a couple hand-me-down saws growing up. I still have my Homelite 200Classic with a 10" bar and my Ford Eagle II with a 16". Ran the pi$$ out of these saws and a couple others.

The first one I purchased new was my Stihl MS290. I ran that saw for a few years, put a LOT of hours on it. Flawless performer. I sold it to my father-in-law last year.

After that, well, the rest is history and most of the more modern, working saws are in my signature.

I purchased a Stihl MS290 back in NOV. and truly love it!!! Since finding this place a few months ago I bought an 026 for $30 to project on.

first saw

Still have my first saw my 1984 husky 61, grandpa bought new and hated it think it wound a little to fast for his liking, He preferred the old yellow "hulks" instead. Said I couldn't have it yet, but I could have to use. When he passed on grandma said he wanted me to have it. I love that saw and to this day other than chains bars plugs and sprockets she runs as good as new. As far as my first new saw, has'nt happened yet, I think its against my religion. To me a New saw Is one I bring home that actually runs!

Still have the first one I ever owned

1, 1984 sears craftsman (Pull-on)

The saw actually still runs quite well, last compression check couple of months ago was 160 lb. The original 18" bar and clutch was replaced last year,,,,, Hurricane Rita and Katrina done em in great little limbing saw.....

now I have so many it's kinda hard to keep up but here goes,,,,

1 lonley homlite redsaw

Husky's
266 XP Modded. 2, 272's 1. 372 hurt bad, 1 365 special ;) stout little saw

Stihl's
2, 023's 1, 029 super 2, MS 290's 2, MS310's 1, MS440BB DN 1, MS 460BB Dual Port, 7, 066 mags 1 stock, 2 woods ported 4 projects,,,,

1 9010 Dolmar @ Big Daves

Sheesh!!!!! I'm hosed:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

026 Pro, had it 2 years, was used when I bought it, got it damn cheap. With the muffler mod its a screamin demon. I love this saw.

Bought my first saw this year. Used 359 in almost new shape. Lucked out and found it in the local paper.d

My first saw that I bought was my little 015L. At the time I was in dire need of a firewood saw, but had no clue what model number of saw I needed for the job. I found this saw in the local paper and knew right away that most anything Stihl brand was good quality. Glad I made the purchase! :D

Back