Your opinion matters to me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of compression should I expect (or hope) to see from either the 034, or the ms360? Here's another hottie for you guys to check out!

WOW,
pukeface.gif
:eek:

Money is a factor, but is weight? The 034 and 360 both only weigh a few ounces less than the 372, depending on how the 372 is equipped.

So far, your best deal looks to be the 034. See if you can get him down to $150 and it's a no-brainer.

Well I went and met up with the guy that has the 034 for sale this morning. I compression checked the saw, and it was at 150 psig at 3 pulls. I told him I will get it next week, as I am still holding out hope for the "excellent condition" Husky 372xp for 400.00. I know you guys are right, and I can makethe money thing happen. I'm holding out hope the guy wasn't jerking me around. If he was, I'll still come out with a pretty good saw though I guess. I read here that on the underside of the handle that there is a date code. The 034 has the pointer at R8. If someone could figure that out for me, I'd really appreciate it. Someone asked what I was planning on cutting with the saw. I will be felling some smaller trees (less than 30" dia.), mostly oak, madrone, redwood, cottonwood, and eucalyptus. I get around to my dads and uncles places, that is why I have such a vailriation in tree types. Keeping my fingers crossed for the 372xp though.

Well I went and met up with the guy that has the 034 for sale this morning. I compression checked the saw, and it was at 150 psig at 3 pulls. I told him I will get it next week, as I am still holding out hope for the "excellent condition" Husky 372xp for 400.00. I know you guys are right, and I can makethe money thing happen. I'm holding out hope the guy wasn't jerking me around. If he was, I'll still come out with a pretty good saw though I guess. I read here that on the underside of the handle that there is a date code. The 034 has the pointer at R8. If someone could figure that out for me, I'd really appreciate it. Someone asked what I was planning on cutting with the saw. I will be felling some smaller trees (less than 30" dia.), mostly oak, madrone, redwood, cottonwood, and eucalyptus. I get around to my dads and uncles places, that is why I have such a vailriation in tree types. Keeping my fingers crossed for the 372xp though.

Wait a min....you told the guy to hold the 034 and you are still looking for a 372???????? Glad to know what your word means.....

Wait a min....you told the guy to hold the 034 and you are still looking for a 372???????? Glad to know what your word means.....
Kinda funny that he stated, "I'm holding out hope the guy wasn't jerking me around.", but in the same sense he's jerking the seller on the 034 around...:laugh:

Good-looking 034 w/known good compression for $175 and you walked away??? Wow! I think the old saying "a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush" applies here. My bet is you don't end up with any of the aforementioned saws.

I was never dishonest with the guy. After he contacted me, I told him that there was one other saw I wanted to check out. Today, he was right by my job site anyway, so he said he'd bring the saw by- I said that was fine, but there was another saw I was still looking at. I told him if the husky saw doesn't come through, then I will buy his saw- and I will. I am not a liar, nor cheat, and I must saw I do feel awkward defending my character on the internet. I hope you all understand that the whole time I have been forthcoming and honest with this guy. I probably will end up buying his saw, but of course I want the best that will work for me. I would think you all would do the same, and if the roles were reversed, it would not bother me a bit. I would completely understand. Now I feel like a ####.

I was never dishonest with the guy. After he contacted me, I told him that there was one other saw I wanted to check out. Today, he was right by my job site anyway, so he said he'd bring the saw by- I said that was fine, but there was another saw I was still looking at. I told him if the husky saw doesn't come through, then I will buy his saw- and I will. I am not a liar, nor cheat, and I must saw I do feel awkward defending my character on the internet. I hope you all understand that the whole time I have been forthcoming and honest with this guy. I probably will end up buying his saw, but of course I want the best that will work for me. I would think you all would do the same, and if the roles were reversed, it would not bother me a bit. I would completely understand. Now I feel like a ####.

Sounds like to me you did just fine. Sounds like you think so also, isn't that what's important?

As this is a better explaniation I apologize for my earlier comment. The way I understood it earlier pushes one of my hot buttons every time. Again, I apologize....

Apology accepted, thank you. I guess I should have made it more clear, so blame falls on me as well. I'm just like you, I hate to get (or see other people getting) screwed over. I'm honest to a fault. If I'm in the drive thru and receive more change than I should have, I go back into the place and return the correct amount. Thanks for apologizing-it bothers me to know that someone would think of me as a dishonest person.

I told him I will get it next week, as I am still holding out hope for the "excellent condition" Husky 372xp for 400.00.

I would think you all would do the same, and if the roles were reversed, it would not bother me a bit. I would completely understand. Now I feel like a ####.
No reason to feel like that, you asked for opinions, you made a statement, you got an opinion. :clap:

This has nothing to do with being honest or dishonest, nobody said you were dishonest.

That said, you changed your story substantially after the fact, I'm not sure what to believe. Are the readers to blame for that??? :confused:

Best of luck with your saw purchase, hope you get a nice saw.

Look, if you're still looking for advice, I'd go buy that 034. Then if you do get a shot at that 372, buy it too. Run them both. Sell the one you don't like or can't afford to keep. Somebody here will gladly take it off your hands.

Back