Your Opinion On A MS460?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaladinMan187

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I've junked the idea of trying to play Dr.Frankenstien to resurect my 034AV and set it on the shelf as a cute paper weight. I found a MS460 that has a few years on it but appears to be a good saw. What do you think about these saws? Its a tad big and heavy for what I realistically need but for the price I don't think I can turn the deal down. Anyone with an opinion on these saws at all can chime in. I've never touched one so I'm interested to see what you guys think.

I love mine. Its a beast. Very torkey. I am gonna put some more hours on it tomorrow i hope. It is a tried and true design, with lots of happy users. I've never heard anyone who wasn't happy with one. It is heavy, but it gets the job done.

My favorite saw! Period!

Yup ! 460 with a 24" B/C You can fell ,buck ,limb, do all saw
cons. air filter, clean it everytime you gas up .flipy caps. I marked mine with a sharpie. pain in the but sometimes.

56xxx198.jpg

SNIP Its a tad big and heavy for what I realistically need but for the price I don't think I can turn the deal down. Anyone with an opinion on these saws at all can chime in. I've never touched one so I'm interested to see what you guys think.

A year ago I passed on an 066 for $300 because it seemed too big and heavy, more saw than I needed. Sure wish I had it now. If it's a good price, DO IT.

Jack

Get it, I love mine. I am by no means a pro. I love my 460 though. It has enough power for anything. I dont know but I would almost bet that the 034 and 460 are close to the same weight.

Get it, I love mine. I am by no means a pro. I love my 460 though. It has enough power for anything. I dont know but I would almost bet that the 034 and 460 are close to the same weight.

I'm also far from a pro. I have a decent idea of what I'm doing and always try to make sure we work safe. I cut anywhere from 5 weekends a year to 30 weekends a year. I plan on keeping this saw for a good long while. If its that close in weight I don't think I'll have to worry about the weight. I still wish it had the black screw on caps.

i think its close enough in weight to 361/357 saws to almost delete them from the line up.

Palladin,
Word of advice. Buy the saw. Any decent 260, 360, 440 at a good price will disappear faster than Rosie O'Donnell can wolf down a box of Little Debbie cakes. I can't tell you how many times posters here hesitated, asked questions ...and then missed out on good deal. You gotta jump.

The only down side of owning a 046-460 is that little voice that keeps asking "how did I ever get by before this saw" No kidding the 046-460 is one great saw, My first saw was an 046 with a 20" bar. although I use my 066 more often now just because I like the extra power the 046 still gets a good work out on a regularly.

If you've found one for a decent price (or are willing to buy new before 2010) you really cant go wrong.

This one isn't a bad price. And I plan to mod it a LITTLE to give me a little more power and make it run a little better. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't walking into a big mistake.

I dont think any thing to do with a 046-460 could be a mistake, unless you're paying list price for one that got run over by a D8 cat, just a great saw

Latest posts

Back