Your thoughts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow I have heard it all now, I dont start using the trailer brakes on my goosneck until I put more then about 5k on it and the trailer weighs 6000 on

dry pavement or black ice? i always assume the worse case scenario. Thinking otherwise imo is ignorant. no offense. i've jack-knifed a trailer before, and it was ugly. It wasn't brake related, it was 'more then 1 person tied cargo down' situation and someone thought the other guy tied down everything, which the one thing that didn't get tied down was the turntable on a 16ton cable crane...

on the very last corner, the turntable turned and the counterweights swung off to the side, and i'm not exaggerating, all 3 tires on one side of the trailer came up about 3ft..... rolled the other 3 tires off the rims and did a knife on the side of the road.....

what a day...

anyways, yeah, i always expect the worse and hope for the best. if there's brakes hitched to your truck, set the controller to do something, never know what's going to happen.

I'll never pull a trailer of any decent size without brakes....even if it's empty.

Latest posts

Back