Another 288 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you show some more pictures of the finger ports...? How does a finger port effect the engine...?
I have never seen one

Very nice.... How deep in to the wall du you go....? This would be a good mod on one of mine 262xpg's

I'm loving this one. I can't wait to see it run. It looks great so far.

I wish the dealer would have come up with the parts today to finish it up. I've got mostly together now but missing a few wires and a nut to hold the flywheel on. That one is threaded crooked. I put it on finger tight to hold the flywheel to turn it over to degree it. Any one know the pitch so I can just go buy one?

Shouldn't the fingers be pointed towards the exhaust port to help aid the initial intake charge? Essentially the fingers create a low pressure draw don't they ,along with the squish turbulence. Or what am I missing:D and nice work too!

ok, so this hasn't become super serious yet, so I'm just going to go ahead and ask you to do a teaching exercise. pretend for just a moment that i know nothing about two stroke engines, especially transfer ports, and explain using small words, what the **** finger ports do

ok, so this hasn't become super serious yet, so I'm just going to go ahead and ask you to do a teaching exercise. pretend for just a moment that i know nothing about two stroke engines, especially transfer ports, and explain using small words, what the **** finger ports do

It gives more transfer port timing and area. It will blow charge across the piston and gives more on the intake side. When the piston goes up intake lets the charge in. When the piston goes back down it forces everything under the piston into the transfer ports and then on top of the piston.

I'm getting a little closer now.

021.jpg

Last edited:
so the finger ports are taking air/fuel mixture from the bottom of the transfers past the cylinder towards the intake port. is this basically making a dual port into a quad port, or is that way off

Back