1962 mac hotsaw for my wife

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minermike

Chain saw freek
Reaction score
DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0007.JPG Well I got the bar today. We are looking for the ups truck for some reeds and a 12 tooth sprocket. Its all coming together nice North fork is coming in july. Should be melted down and rebuilt by then. That's mombo pink. It matches her nails--------mike

Very, vey nice! Where could I source a header and pipe like that?
Look on ebay in the go cart stuff. It takes a long time to find the old mac race parts. They want to keep the stuff. Gem intakes are rare now, and there not 17.95 anymore The pipe you have to make------mike

MinerMike, would you mind sharing some details of this saw?
Well its a 1-72 from 1962. I am also from 1962 so it had to cut more wood. I had it ported by an old go cart guy in merced ca. opened it to 90 cc,split crown piston. I got a 44supper head with the small chamber, and a .14 head gasket. pocket racer adj. cdi box. gem rupp 8 reed intake,with 19e tollys,hogged out with progressive linkage.,Lets see It also has a shaved flywheel and a new steel lower handle. Damn that's a mouth full. That's a pipe off a KX 90. Carlton harvester bar in 404 80 . 12 tooth sprocket on the way . Should be fun to watch------mike

That is a damn handsome saw, and how much more beautiful does it get than a smiling Wife with her own race saw and 15 years of running saws with her Husband? I guess I'm just real sentimental, but I don't care who you are that's just f'n awesome. God bless you guys, enjoy!
Thank you for the kind words. I do have a wild lady on my hands-----Mike

A woman has no place running no chainsaw. Send her to the kitchen, paint it blue and when the rest of the parts arrive, send it to me.
She is a good cook also, but I think this is just a start. She doest know yet but a 250 bultaco is next. The parts hording has started. Retiring is the best thing ever----mike

I dig it. Tell your Wife nice saw. A video would be nice.
When the sprocket gets here,Ill get it going on video. She is going to race it in north fork on july 4. I think she is the only woman in the mix. Should get the boys talking----mike

Latest posts

Back