Ropensaddle's project pine growing out of roof

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job Rope, I enjoyed the pictures you showed us. Thanks for taking the time to share. :clap:

LT...

beautiful rope,now get your arse up here.
picked up one just like with your name on it.one of these small red oaks.
eheheheh!

nice job though buddy:clap:

I'm a trying but the deck is stacked for a little while I will come up if your in a bind just pm me or call and I will hold some jobs off. I looked and think I sealed the deal on 17 pines as big as this one but easy bombing and skid a grapple truck will be used. She's not in a huge hurry except for a seriously dead one I will get caught up this weekend then do one day at her residence maybe make it up till the golf course squeels lol:cheers:

Doesn't look so bad now that its all done ,eh rope.
What took you so long?

Just bustin ballz.
You did a good job and followed thru with it,safe ,and sound,,all that counts.
Glad it worked out for you .Looks like you made at least a few dollars,and some real good reference work is sure to come your way.All the advertising in the world can't buy that.:cheers:

I had an absolutely disaster of a day that ended up with me making a whopping $40 after spending a half day looking for a large Italian
clay pot[ 22 in dia]
that broke because I tried to put in the extra effort to keep some dust out of the pool .I tied a tarp to the ficus in the pot,and another tree,and a slight breeze blew the pot over,,,looked a lot heavier.
All that for a $150-[minus $110 for the pot] trim job that took 45 minutes to complete,and 4 hrs messing with the stupid pot.I went to 5 places before I found the same pot.
Some days a pigeon,,some days a statue.
Oh well ,tomorrow's another day.

Ain't that the truth,good for you though bite the bullet and take your loss. I have done so before stinks but cost of business.

Yep we want to see em, Keeps the groundie busy anyway.

Lmao I had to do most of that today he showed up at 10 sore as heck I wore the young fellla out. He is good help just not broke in and yesterday 12 hours of skit it wore him down:cheers: He does not have to be told to work though, which is good. We finished and changed a tube in the rear bucket truck tire, the hard way with a 4 way and cheater pipe for a little trimming job tomorrow! Then got to fix a line on the grapple truck and tag it for finishing a clearing job I had started before the pine and get my skid back home:cry: Got to push the pine in the hole lol.

Last edited:
so you only had one groundman to help you with this? i only saw the one anyway. its hard to believe you spent several days on this tree. it looks very pricey, you should have hired more help to move things along. also it looks like you didnt rope any wood out, just chunked the whole thing off tiny pieces. imo, this tree could be done in about 4-5 hours with ~4-5 groundmen, 3/4" bullrope and the biggest block you can get your hands on. props though for having the balls to climb a sappy tree more than once. having to use the gojo more than once a week chaps me.

Yeah, but what would he do with all those people the next day? I'll bet if ol' Rope had two months of work lined up, he could get as many of those Arkansas ridgerunners as he needed to tote out the logs.

Sometimes it's smarter to just keep all the money for yourself. Other times, it might be wiser to do without the hassle of hiring others even if the money was there.

Right now I am bumming out too much over my help... Not enough work to pay all the bills, keep the guys working, and it doesn't help that they can't do 1/2 of what I think they should. Nearly all my equipment is in constant repair...They won't follow simple instructions...

It would be much easier to do it Rope's way.

so you only had one groundman to help you with this? i only saw the one anyway. its hard to believe you spent several days on this tree. it looks very pricey, you should have hired more help to move things along. also it looks like you didnt rope any wood out, just chunked the whole thing off tiny pieces. imo, this tree could be done in about 4-5 hours with ~4-5 groundmen, 3/4" bullrope and the biggest block you can get your hands on. props though for having the balls to climb a sappy tree more than once. having to use the gojo more than once a week chaps me.

Doesn't any body ever read anymore I don't do big wood to the spar I am on because, I have no health ins or life. You are full of it if you think you would have done this tree in five hours with no crane. You would have had the 3 phaze on the house burning it down what a friggin blowhard.

I am going to say this once fast is not always best I have been in this business for many years without a claim. Going too fast causes more problems than anything I know of.

Last edited:
Doesn't any body ever read anymore I don't do big wood to the spar I am on because, I have no health ins or life. You are full of it if you think you would have done this tree in five hours with no crane. You would have had the 3 phaze on the house burning it down what a friggin blowhard.

I am going to say this once fast is not always best I have been in this business for many years without a claim. Going too fast causes more problems than anything I know of.

LOL, I was wondering how long it would be to you saw that reply about knocking that puppy down in 4-5 hours. I think you did a great job and worked at the pace YOU were comfortable with, and that's all that matters. I hate rigging big wood off the same stick myself and often do it just like you did, a slice at a time with no damage to anything when the rakes are put away!

Dont mind him rope - too many palm trees probably, lol. Everything looks easy on a pc.

If I had a good crew I would have probably layed plywood on the roof and lowered smaller chunks down, and made them cut em up.

The last part would of had to be wafered like you did.

Last edited:
LOL, I was wondering how long it would be to you saw that reply about knocking that puppy down in 4-5 hours. I think you did a great job and worked at the pace YOU were comfortable with, and that's all that matters. I hate rigging big wood off the same stick myself and often do it just like you did, a slice at a time with no damage to anything when the rakes are put away!

Yup he's going to end up like the fleeing hack a few pages back.

Dont mind him rope - too many palm trees probably, lol. Everything looks easy on a pc.

If I had a good crew I would have probably layed plywood on the roof and lowered smaller chunks down, and made them cut em up.

The last part would of had to be wafered like you did.

I would if I had insurance to cover me but the big problem is inexperienced groundy I am sure you could have done fine on this tree. I have my doubts about someone thinking they could blast through this in near 100 temps in 4-5 hours.If I could screw it all back together I would forfeit my 2k and sit back and lmfao. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh k I just checked and that splains it all he is just a babe barely out of teens:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Back