New Helper and Some of My Woodpiles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a new helper for my old tired back. I could noodle these rounds but now I can just swing them around from the truck bed right onto the splitter. I haven't tried that yet - from the bed to the splitter- but I have set them aside off the ground to split them later.

Here's some of my wood and I've got some more in a couple other places out of the weather.
attachment.php
[/IMG]

Got a new helper for my old tired back. I could noodle these rounds but now I can just swing them around from the truck bed right onto the splitter. I haven't tried that yet - from the bed to the splitter- but I have set them aside off the ground to split them later.

Here's some of my wood and I've got some more in a couple other places out of the weather.
attachment.php
[/IMG]
rep for the crane and the nice place, but at what time did those 2 stacks fall over?

Love the crane, I have thought about it myself. I don't want to pee in your apple juice but you might want to consider mounting 1/4" plate steel below your bed between the frame rails. The constant weight of the wood, windshear and other factors will turn those nice round bolt holes into ovals, not to mention possibly rip the crane completely out of the bed. JMHO

Jeff

Thanks for the rep and those two stacks are still standing. Gonna have to take some off of each - those stacks are 10 feet long and 6 feet high . Gonna have to find some more room for part of each of those two stacks.

That crane came with a winch and it mounts in one direction only and the handle is on the right hand side whether a person stands on the ground on is in the truck.

I've got some heavy rocks to move and I plan on using this crane and a small pallet to swing them with. I have a friend who had a huge elm cut down a couple years ago and I mean it was huge. The trunk which is still standing is at least 40" and it branched out in about 6 or 7 sections.

Some of it is punky but more of it is still good. I've hauled home about 4 or 5 loads of it and I'm going after some more of it tomorrow if it doesn't rain. It is all big stuff 16" or so in diameter.

Nosmo

Love the crane, I have thought about it myself. I don't want to pee in your apple juice but you might want to consider mounting 1/4" plate steel below your bed between the frame rails. The constant weight of the wood, windshear and other factors will turn those nice round bolt holes into ovals, not to mention possibly rip the crane completely out of the bed. JMHO

Jeff

I am ahead of you on that already. Got 2-pieces under there which are 18" long running across the ribs of the bed. These are bolted at the ends besides having five 1/2" bolts holding the crane down.

Nosmo

Nos,
That looks sweet. Is it for a left or right-handed person?

Here is the view from the other end. Now you can see the handle is on the right side. There is no way to switch it (the handle) to be used on the left side of the winch as far as I can tell. But to tell you the truth sometimes I crank it with my left hand.

This one has a 3-ton hydraulic jack to elevate the boom up and down. It swivels 360 degrees too. Got this one at Harbor Freight last week on sale for $119.00 plus tax. The regular price is $159.00.

Nosmo
attachment.php

Hey, guys, on this topic: There was a photo posted of mounting this type of crane on a trailer receiver. Does anyone have details on how that was accomplished?

I bought one of these cranes last year to install into my itty bitty 4'x6' trailer but consensus is my trailer isn't structurally sound enough to mount it there so I am trying to figure out other ways to use this crane.

EDIT: I have a small SUV, not a pickup truck.

Shari

Hey, guys, on this topic: There was a photo posted of mounting this type of crane on a trailer receiver. Does anyone have details on how that was accomplished?

I bought one of these cranes last year to install into my itty bitty 4'x6' trailer but consensus is my trailer isn't structurally sound enough to mount it there so I am trying to figure out other ways to use this crane.

EDIT: I have a small SUV, not a pickup truck.

Shari

Well, after goggling my own question, I guess I have found the answer to my question but will put it in a different thread so as no to hijack this thread.

Shari

Now thats what im talking about!

attachment.php
[/IMG]

I have been thinking about buying a trailer an adding some kind of a crane to it for the big boys. Thanks man! Now i know where to get the crane,and for a good price. Anyone know where i can buy a cheep trailer? LOL

Cheap trailer - that is the problem. Most of the trailers at the Box Stores eg. Tractor Supply and Lowes are Cheaper Built but also are not low priced.

I'd be on the lookout for one that is used and has full sized tires (14" or 15") and can carry what you think you'll be hauling.

Nosmo

Moved A Pile of Big Rocks Today

Here's a couple photos of some rocks I moved this afternoon. They have been setting just outside that foundation for a few years. I'd estimate that some of those big ones and those on the pallet weigh 300-400 lbs.

I put my new helper to work and now I can mow along side that foundation.

Nosmo

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back