Warning ..............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Warning fellas

I hate to say this but i have just been scammed out of a 1946 Hornet Two-Man chainsaw by 2 not so smart Candiens Daniel Matchett of New Brunswick and fellow chainsaw collector Alain Lamothe of Quebec.

So be warned just because you buy a saw from Daniel doesn't mean you will ever get your item Daniel took my money plus shipping fee's then onsold the saw to Alain Lamothe.
Then proceeded to give me nothing but lies and bullxxxx to cover his tracks sorry Daniel not good enough and as for your partner in this scam shame on both of you.
You's are both low-life

Warning

horn2.jpg

now bob, it's 'canadians' if you were talking only about somebody from quebec you would be correct:msp_razz:
sorry for your experience. don't hold it against everybody up here.:)

If you have truly been "scammed" and are a victim of fraud, I think your communication should be with law enforcement officials as well.

At this time I would say to the administrator of the forum to apply forum rules of inappropriate posting and delete post.

This is a Paypal matter and an Ebay transaction under the Ebay buyer’s protection plan still not resolved at this time. I am not involved in any matter with the buyer or the seller, and refuse to act as the middle man to this dispute which does not concern me.
The saw that i received was shipped to my house by mistake by the seller and I am awaiting instructions from the seller to proceed. I contacted the seller to advise of the situation and the rest became a dispute which I have no participation.

This is a direct attack on me and I need to clarify the real facts.

To explain a bit the situation. this is an ongoing dispute that is NOT resolved at the moment under the "EBAY BUYER PROTECTION PLAN" AND "PAYPAL dispute resolution center"...The agreement betwen the seller and the buyer has not been reached yet. Bob can ask for a full refund at any time....Those 2 guys needs to fix the situation. I am not involved in this matter. Problem with the shipping is that no one has sent money for me to ship the saw. My concern is that bob will send me $160 USD. ...HE WILL GET THE SAW FROM ME AND ASK FOR A FULL REFUND ON HIS ACCOUNT AND GET A FREE SAW FOR THE SHIPPING COST...The seller asked me to do nothing till the EBAY/PAYPAL issue is resolved....Not my problem...I will ship the saw when I get the money from the seller..I wonder who is the scammer here.... Also he posted some pictures of and old Hornet saw I have owned for years trying to make collector's believe it was the one I was shipping ...which is false accusations. Until I get authorisation from the seller to ship the saw , there is nothing I can do ...these guys needs to resolve the Paypal/EBAY dispute. I cannot be the middle man ...I dont do counselling , It is up to Paypal/Ebay to get a final decision and close the case...not me.....Thank you for understanding.....I agree, we shall all be friends collector's.
Alain,

Last edited:
At this time I would say to the administrator of the forum to apply forum rules of inappropriate posting and delete post.

This is a Paypal matter and an Ebay transaction under the Ebay buyer’s protection plan still not resolved at this time. I am not involved in any matter with the buyer or the seller, and refuse to act as the middle man to this dispute which does not concern me.
The saw that i received was shipped to my house by mistake by the seller and I am awaiting instructions from the seller to proceed. I contacted the seller to advise of the situation and the rest became a dispute which I have no participation.

This is a direct attack on me and I need to clarify the real facts.

To explain a bit the situation. this is an ongoing dispute that is NOT resolved at the moment under the "EBAY BUYER PROTECTION PLAN" AND "PAYPAL dispute resolution center"...The agreement betwen the seller and the buyer has not been reached yet. Bob can ask for a full refund at any time....Those 2 guys needs to fix the situation. I am not involved in this matter. Problem with the shipping is that no one has sent money for me to ship the saw. My concern is that bob will send me $160 USD. ...HE WILL GET THE SAW FROM ME AND ASK FOR A FULL REFUND ON HIS ACCOUNT AND GET A FREE SAW FOR THE SHIPPING COST...The seller asked me to do nothing till the EBAY/PAYPAL issue is resolved....Not my problem...I will ship the saw when I get the money from the seller..I wonder who is the scammer here.... Also he posted some pictures of and old Hornet saw I have owned for years trying to make collector's believe it was the one I was shipping ...which is false accusations. Until I get authorisation from the seller to ship the saw , there is nothing I can do ...these guys needs to resolve the Paypal/EBAY dispute. I cannot be the middle man ...I dont do counselling , It is up to Paypal/Ebay to get a final decision and close the case...not me.....Thank you for understanding.....I agree, we shall all be friends collector's.
Alain,

Dear oh dear, Alain you do not need this nonscence. I have read a bit somewhere else very simular to this.
Sounds like it could of been handled much differently, and i do hope the drama has been resolved.
neil

Last edited:
Well it will Neil when the saw arrives here downunder and i check to see if its the saw i purchased
The explanation follows i bought this Hornet complete except for the carb and airfilter assy paid in
full which included shipping to California from New Brunswick and the seller messed up and addressed
the saw to Alain in Quebec as Alain had purchased saws from him as well.
I offered Alain the shipping costs 3 times to get the saw underway to California paying him with paypal so Alain
wouldn't be outta pocket then i read one of the numerous emails rotating between the seller Alain and
myself and notice Alain saying he buy the saw from my seller ..............

Now come on Alain i have already purchased the saw it wasn't for sale Alain reakons i would have short
shafted my seller no way Alain you was trying very hard to take advantage of my sellers mistake anyway
Alain has sent the saw on but i won't be happy till i get to see it when it arrives downunder and it's
the saw i bought and as sold to me.
Alain i didn't set out to give you a hard time you earnt it then you accused me of want to rip the seller off
I know which Kettle is black ....................

McBob.

Last edited:
Well it will Neil when the saw arrives here downunder and i check to see if its the saw i purchased
The explanation follows i bought this Hornet complete except for the carb and airfilter assy paid in
full which included shipping to California from New Brunswick and the seller messed up and addressed
the saw to Alain in Quebec as Alain had purchased saws from him as well.
I offered Alain the shipping costs 3 times to get the saw underway to California paying him with paypal so Alain
wouldn't be outta pocket then i read one of the numerous emails rotating between the seller Alain and
myself and notice Alain saying he buy the saw from my seller ..............

Now come on Alain i have already purchased the saw it wasn't for sale Alain reakons i would have short
shafted my seller no way Alain you was trying very hard to take advantage of my sellers mistake anyway
Alain has sent the saw on but i won't be happy till i get to see it when it arrives downunder and it's
the saw i bought and as sold to me.
Alain i didn't set out to give you a hard time you earnt it then you accused me of want to rip the seller off
I know which Kettle is black ....................

McBob.

OK, i hope it all works out then.

Got the Hornet today seems like some-one swapped a few items on the saw the manual oil pump and the oil filler bung right Alain and flogged the guard for the magneto with the Hornet logo on it.
Swapped out the gearbox as well just to get the plaque.

Remind me not to have dealings with you in the future Alain LaMothe your a thief and a liar

McBob.

Last edited:
There's no end to Alain LaMothe and his thieving ways as he's changed the magneto's as well taking mine and replacing it with his.

Looks as though i was just a spare part machine for his rotten ways

So fellas if your dealing or thinking about dealing with him think twice the mans a thief and a liar.

The saw i purchased from Daniel Matchett started out as a good saw but by the time Alain LaMoth finished pirating what he needed
he turned an easy restoration in to a much longer job.

I'll keep bumping this thread till Alain LaMothe quits his thieving ways hope your a fast learner Al .............

I wonder who else he has ripped off ??

McBob.

There's no end to Alain LaMothe and his thieving ways as he's changed the magneto's as well taking mine and replacing it with his.

Looks as though i was just a spare part machine for his rotten ways

So fellas if your dealing or thinking about dealing with him think twice the mans a thief and a liar.

The saw i purchased from Daniel Matchett started out as a good saw but by the time Alain LaMoth finished pirating what he needed
he turned an easy restoration in to a much longer job.

I'll keep bumping this thread till Alain LaMothe quits his thieving ways hope your a fast learner Al .............

I wonder who else he has ripped off ??

McBob.

i think this thread will make a few people rethink their dealings with him thats for sure.
from what i've seen you have always been on the up and up.

Thats him no doubt about that true the saw was sent to him by mistake along with about 5 other saws surely he realised it wasn't his saw he contacted me and told me of Daniels Matchett's mistake of incorrectly addressing the saw ........ so if all it needed was the correct address to be added then as i offered to pay Alain by paypal to cover the expence of shipping to California the problem of getting the saw would be solved
Alain i discovered by intercepting a forwarded email offered to buy the saw from Daniel after it had been sold to me .... why didn't Alain ask to buy the saw from me instead of going behind my back ?

Anyway i have the saw here now but it's not the same saw i purchased and paid for off Daniel parts have been swapped out by Alain i believe in its origional form from Daniel it would have been in much better condition.

So what i have said about Alain LaMothe stands

McBob.

i can't blame you one bit bob.:)
once bitten twice shy.

Pity he's done what he's done i cant blame anyone else and wouldn't want too, 99% of Canadiens are honest except him.

I have bought and paid for a lot of saw through Ebay so ebay is not the problem its when there's a third party involved
like Alain who took avantage of a sellers mistake and thought he was going to get something for nothing at my expense

McBob.

Hey Bob.......listen up. Whatever happened with that saw is between you and who you bought it from originally. If you didn't get what you bargained for take it up with who you bought it from............not the guy he mailed it to. Trace the problem back to it's beginning..........your seller screwed the pooch here. Was the guy in the middle a crook???? who cares, it was the seller that mailed it to him........THAT'S WHO BEARS THE RESPONSIBILITY, PERIOD.

I'm not saying that what you said happened did or did not........but this kind of thread, with no proof provided, is always going to get canned. But even if he did what you say........IT'S THE SELLERS PROBLEM FOR SCREWING UP THE DELIVERY.

Back