Warning ..............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo's are only waiting on the battery charger i'll have both before and after shots so you can see for yourselfs and that my claim is right.

Heres the saw i bought off Daniel and before Alain LaMothe got it .... http://macbobaust.com/hornet1.html

After Alain stripped off what he needed

Notice the guard around the magneto is missing
The gearbox has been changed to one without it's id tag and a wooden bung in the filler hole.
The magneto has been changed
The clamp that holds the gearbox to the powerhead is different
And the oil pump on top of the fuel tank has been swapped and he even changed the old sparkplug to an AC 42

Thse photo's will be available as soon as my camera is charged

McBob.

Last edited:
Well Alain heres the proof of what you took from my saw for all to see

horn4.jpg

horn6.jpg

horn7.jpg

horn8.jpg

horn1.jpg

Heres what i got in there place

hornet18z.jpg

hornet16z.jpg

hornet14z.jpg

hornet13z.jpg

hornet12z.jpg

And you told me thats how the seller supplied the saw liar you changed out parts to replace
the more worn or those of better appearance than your's

Your a thief and you well know it.

McBob.

Last edited:
Hey Bob.......listen up. Whatever happened with that saw is between you and who you bought it from originally. If you didn't get what you bargained for take it up with who you bought it from............not the guy he mailed it to. Trace the problem back to it's beginning..........your seller screwed the pooch here. Was the guy in the middle a crook???? who cares, it was the seller that mailed it to him........THAT'S WHO BEARS THE RESPONSIBILITY, PERIOD.

I'm not saying that what you said happened did or did not........but this kind of thread, with no proof provided, is always going to get canned. But even if he did what you say........IT'S THE SELLERS PROBLEM FOR SCREWING UP THE DELIVERY.

very true,,,E X C E P T, alain stole stuff off of this saw..hes been nailed on other forums also for dishonesty...

very true,,,E X C E P T, alain stole stuff off of this saw..hes been nailed on other forums also for dishonesty...

there is no E X C E P T, the seller screwed up and is responsible......... P E R I O D !!!

granted alain is a thief with a track record of dishonesty..........btw, I talked with McBob and opened this thread back up.......

It never ceases to amaze me the petty chainsaw crooks that are out there...........and I don't care for them much.

What are the odds that an honest mistake finds a dishonest person who can actually gain something from the alleged mistake?

I call "cahoots".

By the way, that Hornet saw is Huge. The Hornet saw was to be shipped to California. Seller ships the Hornet to a guy in Quebec in....... error. Did any saw get shipped to California in error? As a seller, you have to know one saw is shipping to California after what I assume was a lot of emailng back and forth by the buyer of the Hornet to the seller of the Hornet. Looks like the buyer got stung and not by a Hornet.

What are the odds that an honest mistake finds a dishonest person who can actually gain something from the alleged mistake?

I call "cahoots".

By the way, that Hornet saw is Huge. The Hornet saw was to be shipped to California. Seller ships the Hornet to a guy in Quebec in....... error. Did any saw get shipped to California in error? As a seller, you have to know one saw is shipping to California after what I assume was a lot of emailng back and forth by the buyer of the Hornet to the seller of the Hornet. Looks like the buyer got stung and not by a Hornet.

hmmmmmmmm.........so you two are figuring there is more fly in this ointment than meets the eye??? Interesting.......

I would have to guess that 3 out of 4 collectors would have no use for parts off a Hornet. Might like to have the whole saw, but not be in a position to need just parts.
I agree that the seller is the one that will have to pay for the mistake. I think he should have to pay whatever it costs to bring the recieved saw up to 'as sold' condition, even if the total cost of doing so exceeds the origional price of the saw. That might prevent such 'honest' mistakes in the future .

I call 'cahoots' too.

Rick

Last edited:
Those Hornet two-man powerheads weigh in excess of 125 lbs. How does one mistakenly ship that to the wrong address, that just happens to be a friend?

that would make

Daniel Matchett of New Brunswick a chainsaw thief

and also make

Alain Lamothe of Quebec a chainsaw thief

I sure hope any future victims have the good sense to google those two criminal before they buy from them. Even if they just google "chainsaw thief" they might be forewarned.

;)

No saw was shipped in it's place i believe two Hornets were shipped to Alain and various parts of a Hornet as well as Alain asked me if i had photo's to show what saw i had purchased which i forwarded to him
Making it easy for Alain to ID what parts were mine Quebec was the place were the swapping around happened yes if Daniel made the mistake of sending my saw to Alain and then Alain capitlised on his error.

Yes i still got a reasonably complete saw but in poorer condition to the origional saw i purchased.

I don't care what bull Alain comes up with and who he passes the buck to he had the chance to the right thing and didn't.

Daniel Matchett of New Brunswick a chainsaw thief no just Alain La Mothe

McBob.

Last edited:
Back