hobbs or grcs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axetree

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hello im wanting a lowering device with lifting capiblites, i have a guy that has a hobbs for sale for a grand, looks like grcs would be better for lifting, but i have no experence with eather any info is great thanks!

grcs is the way to go if you have the extra cash to get one... do the hobbs even have a crank handle?

You're going to get a lot more lifting power with the GRCS. The ratio is 44:1. I think you can theoretically lift 4400 pounds with it.

thanks guys thats what i kind of figured if any of you are interested in a Hobbs in was for sale in the detroit area on craigslist, the guy seemed real nice, 1000 shiped is what he told me a week ago and its still for sale so he may come off his price a little. thanks again for the help

2006 hobbs lowering/rigging device. in great shape ready to use. great for cabling and bracing trees. asking $1000 5866309489
you can also find in on detroit craigslist, sorry i tried to reply to your pm deevo i couldnt get it to work, sorry!!

2006 hobbs lowering/rigging device. in great shape ready to use. great for cabling and bracing trees. asking $1000 5866309489
you can also find in on detroit craigslist, sorry i tried to reply to your pm deevo i couldnt get it to work, sorry!!

I got it, thanks, will give him a call tonight

Back