Bandit 90XP Carb Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stearn786

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just purchased a 1999 Bandit 90xp to do some land clearing on my property. It has a Ford LRG 425 gas engine on it that could use a carb rebuild and cleaning (only runs right with the choke halfway out). I see a bunch of listings for carb kits for this engine in JLG lifts but no specific Bandit carb part numbers. Does anybody know if the carb kits are different for this application vs a boom lift? Different jets/gaskets, etc?

And if anyone has a wiring schematic that would be great, the autofeed doesn't work so I'd like to chase that down and fix it as well.

Hey guys, I just purchased a 1999 Bandit 90xp to do some land clearing on my property. It has a Ford LRG 425 gas engine on it that could use a carb rebuild and cleaning (only runs right with the choke halfway out). I see a bunch of listings for carb kits for this engine in JLG lifts but no specific Bandit carb part numbers. Does anybody know if the carb kits are different for this application vs a boom lift? Different jets/gaskets, etc?

And if anyone has a wiring schematic that would be great, the autofeed doesn't work so I'd like to chase that down and fix it as well.
I have the same chipper, you should check the oil level in your governor, I didn't know and ran mine dry and it blew up all over and broke the throttle linkage to the carburetor......not exactly what you were asking but it's a $1500 fix just the governor

I have the same chipper. I ended up buying a new carb from NorFar for $672. It's pricey, but it's a business expense, so it is what it is. It's a Zenith carb with manual choke. The part number is 15036. It's an easy bolt on. Comes with a fuel shut off as well. I did have to drill out the stud on the throttle lever in order to attach my governor rod and cotter pin though.

The carbs, including the original, have metal tags attached that show the information.

https://norfar.com/products/zenith-15036-carburetor

Also, if you haven't, check the timing belt. I just had to replace mine because it broke. I got lucky and it didn't do any damage. Maybe because it broke at idle around 750rpm and not full throttle. Any way, the LRG425 is an interference engine so there's very little space between the pistons and valves and things can go very wrong and get very expensive when a timing belt breaks.

Attachments

• 20240325_151832.jpg
    20240325_151832.jpg
    751.2 KB · Views: 0
I have the same chipper, you should check the oil level in your governor, I didn't know and ran mine dry and it blew up all over and broke the throttle linkage to the carburetor......not exactly what you were asking but it's a $1500 fix just the governor
Over filling will blow it up too. Ask me how I know. And it's super expensive to replace these Hoof governors.

Latest posts

Back