Where to purchase in Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmatelot

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Can someone North of the Border advise me where I can purchase the likes of a pickaroon/hookaroon and 12 in tongs in Canada.

I live rurally, so would have to be over the web.

Thanks

Lee Valley (leevalley.com or 800-267-8767) has them. Their stuff is high quality. It's kind of expensive (The title of their catalogue-- Lee Valley Fine Woodworking Tools-- should be a warning) but in my experience it's usually worth the cost.

Another place to try is Cutters' Choice (888-817-4707). I don't have their full catalogue, but I know they sell a lot of cutting and climbing equipment, so they may have what you need, and their prices are reasonable.

My experience won't help you much. One of my pickaroons came from an antique tool swap meet. The other came from a yard sale in Timmins ON (Yard sales , or the local hardware store, might be something to try if you live in an area where forestry is a major industry) My tongs came from Princess Auto, but that was a long time ago, and I haven't seen any forestry tools there lately.

Bailey's always gives me good service. Size doesn't matter, I got the 60" Logrite canthook sent through the mail.

Baileys has the stuff but the shipping will make you squint. I'd try Cutters Choice first.

My stuff came from the flea markets/yard sales as well. Quite common.

Back