MS 660 Meteor Port Timing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHctRednek

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I understand that the exhaust porting is too high on MS 660's and therefore these saws do not respond well to mods. Does any one have the port timing for a Meteor piston and cylinder kit? Is the exhaust porting as high as an OEM cylinder?

Anybody?

I have read most of the threads like arboristsite.com/chainsaw/216916.htm but I am still interested in any changes from factory timing seems like someone might know.

Thanks

I understand that the exhaust porting is too high on MS 660's and therefore these saws do not respond well to mods. Does any one have the port timing for a Meteor piston and cylinder kit? Is the exhaust porting as high as an OEM cylinder?

Sure you can improve it by lowering the jug and widening the transfers. When lowered, the exhaust port can be slightly widened as it is narrow as is. Ideally all port time/areas should be calculated and matched to desired BMEP before any porting, but improvements can be made if you go in the right direction not overdoing anything.

Buying a kit from mastermind is an option but I already picked up a Meteor kit from a guy who thought it would fit an 064.

I understand what is required for mods I think this post explained it pretty good http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/195887.htm but I wanted to know what the starting point was. If the starting point was similar, I might try and resell the kit and wait for an OEM jug for the higher quality.

I am curious.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back