Everyone get their milk and bread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Why does everyone always go out for milk and bread when ever there is a storm, I usually just get gas and load up the garage with wood.

always wonder that myself..... people get the stuff that wont kept, and canned goods all over the store they walk on by.....WTH??????? American mystery.......

I have the food here already. I go get a spare box of beer. Don't want to run out of essentials. Maybe a can of gas for generator depending on variables.

I'm not going anywhere for a while. I've got plenty of wood, bread (homemade!), milk, beer and Skeeter Pee, I'm good for the foreseeable future!

IMG_2066Large_zps7014dc53.jpg

This stuff is a mess here now - about a foot of snow and then it rained and sleeted in it. Now It's snowing again and will soon freeze. The snow came off the metal roof and dropped ice sheets and wet snow on the path up the porch stairs. Talk about heavy! It's blowing too and I hope the power stays on, as I just don't feel like running the generator tonight.

I fell on the ice before the storm last night and my elbow hit hard, which jammed the bone up into my right shoulder. I think it partially dislocated it and really trashed the muscles in my upper arm. I'm really not enjoying the snow shovel today. I'd like for this thing to pass uneventfully as I'd really like to sit one out this time!

This stuff is a mess here now - about a foot of snow and then it rained and sleeted in it. Now It's snowing again and will soon freeze. The snow came off the metal roof and dropped ice sheets and wet snow on the path up the porch stairs. Talk about heavy! It's blowing too and I hope the power stays on, as I just don't feel like running the generator tonight.

I fell on the ice before the storm last night and my elbow hit hard, which jammed the bone up into my right shoulder. I think it partially dislocated it and really trashed the muscles in my upper arm. I'm really not enjoying the snow shovel today. I'd like for this thing to pass uneventfully as I'd really like to sit one out this time!
Ah, that sucks man! I saw a dude delivering bagged coal a few weeks back slip on the ice and take a necker with a bag over his shoulder. Lad went down hard.
Still heavy snow here. It's supposed to stop soon, though.

Ah, that sucks man! I saw a dude delivering bagged coal a few weeks back slip on the ice and take a necker with a bag over his shoulder. Lad went down hard.
Still heavy snow here. It's supposed to stop soon, though.
Here too - looks like it may keep it up a while, unless it turns to rain. The shoulder will heal, but I would really like to have my arm back. It's dammed inconvenient.

Ugh one of many reasons I hate these ugly metal roofs everybody puts up these days makes your place look like a McDonald's or convienance store ..nothing looks better than asphalt shingles and you don't have 900 pounds of dangerous avalanche falling off the place as soon as you open your front door

Ugh one of many reasons I hate these ugly metal roofs everybody puts up these days makes your place look like a McDonald's or convienance store ..nothing looks better than asphalt shingles and you don't have 900 pounds of dangerous avalanche falling off the place as soon as you open your front door
Not all of them are the same nor ugly (which is subjective anyway). This place was built in the 1830's and had either wood shakes, slate or a terne (metal) roof. This far from a canal or river it was probably not slate, and I was not going to replace the cedar with more wood since I burn wood. Besides, it is likely it was originally metal - I would have liked actual terne but that was not practical so we used a low profile metal roof.

we got about 15" then another 2 over night...I have to say they did a good job on the roads, I think most people stayed off

Back