Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my cousin has entrusted to me a family heirloom, today. A saddle. My mother was firstborn, then her brother Arnold, then Eldon, then Clifton, then Veldonna.
Arnold bought this saddle in 1942 or 43, best we can tell from family lore, from the Sears & Roebuck catalogue. He would saddle his horse, Prince, and ride to his future wife's parents house. Back then it was called courting. He was probably 18. He was drafted into the army, possibly 1944. Don't know the exact date. He was killed on Luzon island, the Phillipeenes, April 1945. He was 19 years old. 5 months before the end of WWII. While I will never use it, I don't ride horses and am too fat for this one, he knows I will take care of it and pass it on to another who will take care of it.
It's a good feeling to touch it and know that an uncle of mine, whom I've never met, sat in it at one time, even though it was brief.

Very nice story Steve. Sorry you never got to meet him.

hows the candy bar coming?
Had to get more material today..
Then water garden..
Then take a nap..
Sooooo.... Yes I am procrastinating...

On the other hand, I filed up a real nice chain for the new Echo.. Smooth as a baby's ass.. I'd rather do that than build a candy bar any way.

Planned on adding a canopy to my tractor a few years back. Then realized since I wasn't using for field work & was working around trees, I would just get it hung up with tree branches. So, a hat & dress shirt with long sleeves is my choice.

I like those Carl.
Not sure why.
The one thing to always check on a P series Pioneer is the 'window pane' between the oil and fuel tank. The little aluminum plate can fall out and bar oil gets in the fuel tank. Complete tear down is required to epoxy that piece back in.
Had to do that on my 655BP. What fun.[emoji13]

Bringing this forward. My calendar shows the 27th is a Sunday. Are we meeting on Sunday? The festival is the 26th thru the 28th I believe

Ft. Scott Pioneer Days....September 27. Attendees:
Hedgerow
Levi
Danny
Lumberjackchef
Sawnami
Workshop?
Cobey
awol and family
Kenneth + family.
MOJim
Carl---maybe