Husqvarna 2100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Former Saw Builder

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This is a great running 100cc powerhouse of a chainsaw. I'm including the following a new Oregon Powermate drive system that is the drum, rim, and pump housing seal, Also included is a new Oregon Powermatch Plus 24" bar and a new Oregon Super 70 series chain. This is in the 3/8" 0.058 variation.

This saw just had the carb rebuilt and both the piston and cylinder look good, It has great compression and runs and operates great. It has thrown the chain somewhere along the way and has the usual nicks and scratches you would expect with a used saw. These are heavy and powerfull saws... It would be a nice saw for a portable mill with it's big HP engine... these saws produce more HP then a Stihl ms660 or a Echo cs8000.

eBay Auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7724262279&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

There's been some debate (very recent thread, a poll, I think) about using the AS used equipment forum to link to saws that you have listed on eBayware. I'm not sure what the official AS position is.

ray benson said:
I think your right. Found these ratings, 066 - 5.2 kw(7.0 hp) old rating was higher. The 2100cd - 4.9 kw.
Yes, 2100CD and 2101xp were rated at 4.9 kW/ 6.7 hp at 8500 rpm, max rpm 10500 - as far as I can find out.

The MS660; 5.2 kW/7.0 bhp/7.1 hp at 9500 rpm, max rpm 13000.

ms660 hp

If I have my ms660 and the husky 2100cd out together I can tell you that the husky 2100 cuts thru hickory faster with the same chain "super 70" and same bar ...I just assumed that the husky must have more hp it seems to have more lugging power... both of the saws run great... I'm sorry if I mis quoted the hp on the models I was not going by facts just the ability of the husky I'm running vs. the stihl I'm using side by side... the husky 2100 is a great saw but it's getting hard to get parts for most are no longer available from husqvarna...

Max RPMs??

I've read a lot of posts that say a husqvarna 2100's max rpms are 10,500 but I've also seen some charts say that the 2101 max rpms are 12,500...arent that considered the same saw??

I've read a lot of posts that say a husqvarna 2100's max rpms are 10,500 but I've also seen some charts say that the 2101 max rpms are 12,500...arent that considered the same saw??

Old thread, but good question. I have seen some conflicting data on the RPM as well. I have a 2101XP and would be interested in the straight scoop as well.

don't know about the 660's but i do have a strong none decomp 066 and a 2100 cd, while the 066 is a good saw the 2100 will out cut the 066 with 36" or longer allday long. and yes the 2100 has had the gov disabled.

don't know about the 660's but i do have a strong none decomp 066 and a 2100 cd, while the 066 is a good saw the 2100 will out cut the 066 with 36" or longer allday long. and yes the 2100 has had the gov disabled.

What is your 2100 rpms??

don't buy these saw, they are amazing and run well, but you cannot find parts, so if it does break down you're throwing it away...

Wow, an old for sale thread from 2005, revived in 2013 for random question about RPM, and revived again in 2015 by someone who stumbled across it through a google search and registered to make a random post about parts availability. Why????

don't buy these saw, they are amazing and run well, but you cannot find parts, so if it does break down you're throwing it away...
as
I completely agree, please pm me and I will pay for the disposal fee to dispose of the 2100/2101.
Looking out for the environment.
Cutforfun

Revived again in 2021!

Dying to know the answer... What does "CD" stand for in 2100CD? I stumbled upon one of these magnificent machines by chance (part of a much bigger trade... he "threw it in" to sweeten and seal the deal). I didn't have a clue what it was until I got it home and did some reading, I just like old muscle saws and could tell it'd be worth it. The next day I bucked some wood with her and was instantly impressed (once I popped my shoulder back into joint). I've got her all cleaned up now and fixed some of the annoying things like 4 different bar oil leaks, missing screws (still have one missing), missing exhaust bracket, new exhaust gasket, fresh new plug, better condition top cover (old one was all busted up), new bar plates and a few newer decals (surely not all the right ones but no one would know except 2100 fans) and of course tuned her (was a pain because it was also missing the H/L jet guide boot at the time... got my hands on one of those too and installed it). Also found a good used air filter and pre-screen. Still need to do a suc/vac and compression tests for kicks to see where she sits right now but I'm curious what the CD stands for.

Back