got a decent deal at the pawn shop today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their was a 394xp at the pawn shop down the road from me that ran good for $300. It was tempting to put it In layaway but with Christmas so close I had to pass it up...maybe I should have posted it on here if ms170's are fetching that much cash!

Matt

went by the pawn shop that just opened a year ago in Paducha,,, he had several saws there so I picked up a couple more small cc saws,,, all they needed was cleaned up and sharpen the chain,,, gave 125 for the poulan and 205 for the ms170,,, I was grinning ear to ear all the way to the truck

View attachment 470463 View attachment 470464
You paid $210 for a ms170 that was used with a dull chain and beat bar and were grinning??? There $180 new????

Hope this is a joke!! Also the poulan was a terrible deal!

I went to a garage sale that listed a chainsaw for $10, I got there early and saw her bring out an orange saw case and as I walked up I could see the stihl name on the case.
I said that's what I came to see, so she flipped the case open and there was a 170 with manual and tools and a qt. of bar oil with one fill out of it.
There was no paint gone from the bar & the chain had never been resharpened. She said they sold the cabin and didn't need the saw anymore. I gave her a $20 and waited for change.

John

I went to a garage sale that listed a chainsaw for $10, I got there early and saw her bring out an orange saw case and as I walked up I could see the stihl name on the case.
I said that's what I came to see, so she flipped the case open and there was a 170 with manual and tools and a qt. of bar oil with one fill out of it.
There was no paint gone from the bar & the chain had never been resharpened. She said they sold the cabin and didn't need the saw anymore. I gave her a $20 and waited for change.

John
That's a deal :)

Latest posts

Back