Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I agree. I find it hard to believe the number of heavy hitters in the saw world that marketed a rebranded Frontier. From Pioneer to Partner. It would have likely marked the worst saw ever to grace their lineup.

They all came to me as " part of the package saws". Decent enough door stops.

Yes, I agree. I find it hard to believe the number of heavy hitters in the saw world that marketed a rebranded Frontier. From Pioneer to Partner. It would have likely marked the worst saw ever to grace their lineup.

Yeah, I'm with you with that, hard to believe it could have happened but I think on the most part it was Elux calling the shots on quite a few of them, trying to recoup there investment somehow.

When you can actually get one to run, they have decent power but there really not worth the trouble.

If you noticed both of those Oregon rim drive setups use the 19779 drum. The 23115 part number was to denote that it used the 7 tooth 3/8 lp rim.

And like Randy said you have to use that extra washer when using those drums.

Gotcha, so they will run fine. I completely agree the 7 tooth rim is 3/8LP. I tried to make a video yesterday showing what you were talking about, but it was out of focus. The 3/8LP fits perfect on that rim. The only 8 tooth 1/4's I have are Stihl spurs. My Homelite spur for the little XL is a 9 tooth.

The craftsman IPL shows a (530)048013 drum(rim) and the rim(530) 048025. Of course all NLA but they are poulan#. I found a ebay NOS 48025 and it was a 3/8. So with all this info I will be willing to accept the rim is actually a 3/8LP based on a few not fitting with the full 3/8 chain. My only dog in this fight is to get the real story which was slow in coming. It is also obvious that the earlier ones had 1/4 barracuda chain and were rim also.

So Frontier built the little Partner/Skilsaw branded saws similar in design to their F-35? Just acquired a little F-35 in remarkable shape and obviously noticed the similarity to a Partner 1612 I have....., in the same colors as my Skilsaw 1622 (Poulan Micro)) no less. Interesting.

The craftsman IPL shows a (530)048013 drum(rim) and the rim(530) 048025. Of course all NLA but they are poulan#. I found a ebay NOS 48025 and it was a 3/8. So with all this info I will be willing to accept the rim is actually a 3/8LP based on a few not fitting with the full 3/8 chain. My only dog in this fight is to get the real story which was slow in coming. It is also obvious that the earlier ones had 1/4 barracuda chain and were rim also.

Whats also obvious is your talking about a Sears saw. Even though it was made for Sears by Poulan, things can be different. There were combinations made for customers that were never in Poulans own lineup.

I have some of those brand new rim setups for the 25 saws. Honestly I never paid much attention to them. I have no use for them. I do remember different sprockets needing different washer setups but that might have been on the Oregon replacements?

Back at the time I was working at the Poulan dealer in 78 we were switching everything out to 3/8's lp with 6 tooth spurs as that was and is the best all around setup on those.

Whats also obvious is your talking about a Sears saw. Even though it was made for Sears by Poulan, things can be different. There were combinations made for customers that were never in Poulans own lineup.

MM Thanks for your input. I'm satisfied they are 3/8lp and not 3/8. When you worked on removing the poulan rim drives were they 1/4 or 3/8lp? They were poulan parts not craftsman? Has anyone ever seen a poulan 25 series Power Sharp machine or they doesn't exist?
Thanks all. I learned what I wanted to know.....now back to work on my Mac 7-10A

Just to stir the pot a little more. Rim sprocket on CVA Craftsman
1e3abbccd3cc710dbd80a15188203ab6.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

MM Thanks for your input. I'm satisfied they are 3/8lp and not 3/8. When you worked on removing the poulan rim drives were they 1/4 or 3/8lp? They were poulan parts not craftsman? Has anyone ever seen a poulan 25 series Power Sharp machine or they doesn't exist?
Thanks all. I learned what I wanted to know.....now back to work on my Mac 7-10A

Yes they were Poulan part numbers, Poulan built them and supplied parts to Sears, only makes sense that Sears used the same part numbers. They do the same for Refrigerators.

To be honest, your asking me to remember what I did 40 years ago and I was doing things I didn't think too much about at the time. I don't remember taking rim drives off, I think they were all spurs as they were Poulan saws. I know we sold a ton of them and usually never seen them again for service unless they were after bars, chains, sprockets, air filters or such.

I just know when saws came in for bars or chains that had 1/4 on them we usually talked the owners into switching them over to 3/8 LP. They were all happier after doing so, least far as I can remember.

As to a Poulan 25 PS machine? I have learned to not deal in absolutes and with that said, far as I know and remember the answer is no. The P/S machines based on the 25's appear to be only relabeled saws and mostly Sears.

I have many, many years of 25 and S25 IPL's and none that I have show a P/S option for them.

Good luck on your 7-10. I had one here once and lets just say it didn't stick around here long..

Why is that stirring the pot? Not surprising its on a Sears saw. What is the part number on it?
Haha, yeah I will have to check tomorrow for the #. So what is the issue using the 3/8 x 7 x9 rim anyway? Does it rub the clutch cover?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Of course there is, that's why I was wondering why you asked.

I want to know the part number on that drum though, I wonder if there was a Poulan part number for them or if they used the Oregon number.

You guys asking about sprockets, there was another sprocket no one mentions. The Chain brake saws and the chain brake kits has to use a different sprocket for some reason. I have never seen one, so I don't know what the difference is on them.

Of course there is, that's why I was wondering why you asked.

I want to know the part number on that drum though, I wonder if there was a Poulan part number for them or if they used the Oregon number.

You guys asking about sprockets, there was another sprocket no one mentions. The Chain brake saws and the chain brake kits has to use a different sprocket for some reason. I have never seen one, so I don't know what the difference is on them.

Mark, there is not enough time I could spend talking to you about what you know. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge. Thank you Stephen

Yes they were Poulan part numbers, Poulan built them and supplied parts to Sears, only makes sense that Sears used the same part numbers. They do the same for Refrigerators.

To be honest, your asking me to remember what I did 40 years ago and I was doing things I didn't think too much about at the time. I don't remember taking rim drives off, I think they were all spurs as they were Poulan saws. I know we sold a ton of them and usually never seen them again for service unless they were after bars, chains, sprockets, air filters or such.

I just know when saws came in for bars or chains that had 1/4 on them we usually talked the owners into switching them over to 3/8 LP. They were all happier after doing so, least far as I can remember.

As to a Poulan 25 PS machine? I have learned to not deal in absolutes and with that said, far as I know and remember the answer is no. The P/S machines based on the 25's appear to be only relabeled saws and mostly Sears.

I have many, many years of 25 and S25 IPL's and none that I have show a P/S option for them.

Good luck on your 7-10. I had one here once and lets just say it didn't stick around here long..

so the Micro based XXV Poulan's were the only power sharps offered?

Back