You burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No burning down here in North Alabama either.....
Well, Unless you go outside. It was 95 yesterday
and supposed to be much the same today.
Very, very Dry. Goof-balls are setting the woods on fire.

David

There's only 2-3 weeks up here when a fire in the stove isnt required, as its my only source of heat. Plus, the heat is needed to keep the homemade wine bubbling.
I haven't counted, but I think I burn 10-12 cords to keep 250 sq.ft warm for a year. Mostly black spruce with some poplar and willow thrown in.

What do you do, leave the house door open?

I heat 1400 Sq ft on about 3 cords. Same wood plus birch.

Depends on the stove and what you're burning.

Mine is usually the same temp as the stove. That was with the old stove though. This new one the stove seems to run about 100 less than the flue. Initially anyway.

sent from a field

So burn it hot enough to not make smoke and thats all I need? I have an old fisher but it has a baffle in it. When I test burned it outside it didnt smoke. Just steam. I have mostly ash.

Yes on about my 3rd or 4th fire so far. Not really very cold yet but with rain and upper 40's and low 50's the house was chilly.

My pepere (grandfather to you english) used to say when he was a kid they'd have to shovel snow out of the bedrooms when it got windy, it'd blow in from the walls and window.

Me... I spent the money to seal my house!

I'm sure I will be building a fire as soon as I get home from work tonight. 55°f now with rain and 18 mph wind gusting to 25 mph and going down in the 40's tonight. The high tomorrow is forecast to be 48°

Last weekend....

a147da7aad7bc02f7304509a0dbd31b6.jpg

How the heck do you keep the area around your heater so clean? Mine is always a big mess. I bet that's a fake heater!

Back