Wood burning stove/fireplace in attached 3 season porch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblnut

Overweight and underpaid.
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mama Bear and I will be adding a 16x20 3 season porch onto our house this summer and I really want some sort of wood burning appliance in it. Partly for the ambiance and partly to heat it up a bit when it’s chilly but not cold outside.

I have plenty of wood around already as the house and farm shop are heated with an OWB.

My insurance guy says it’s not an issue as it’s part of the house and all I have to do it call it out on the policy. Sweet deal.

I’ve seen a few of your setups already but would love to pics or hear stories of what you have in your house or porch. It will probably get lit at most a few times a week in the spring and fall so it doesn’t need to be a super fancy deal. I want something that will last and not smoke much when loading it and that’s worth $$$$$$ in my eyes.

Thank you in advance !!

This is an example of each that we are debating between. No particular brand, just visual ideas.
IMG_0070.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

Don't know how fancy you are going, but I've always favored those old cast iron (vintage) parlor stoves. able to put a kettle of water on it for some hot tea while your relaxing in your new addition. Good luck.
The level of fancy is yet to be determined. We’ve a budget in mind but it’s been changing lately lol

Something like an old cooking style stove ? That’d be neat. We’ve been thinking of a wood fired pizza oven outside. This style stove would accomplish both things !!
IMG_0071.jpeg

We've got a Regency insert wood burning stove that's designed to stick out onto the hearth a bit. That allows us to place a steamer or whatever onto the top of the stove. It also has a blower to distribute additional heat if needed or you can simply use the ambient heat from it.

Attachments

• IMG_20231218_085027501_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231218_085027501_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Mama Bear and I will be adding a 16x20 3 season porch onto our house this summer and I really want some sort of wood burning appliance in it. Partly for the ambiance and partly to heat it up a bit when it’s chilly but not cold outside.

I have plenty of wood around already as the house and farm shop are heated with an OWB.

My insurance guy says it’s not an issue as it’s part of the house and all I have to do it call it out on the policy. Sweet deal.

I’ve seen a few of your setups already but would love to pics or hear stories of what you have in your house or porch. It will probably get lit at most a few times a week in the spring and fall so it doesn’t need to be a super fancy deal. I want something that will last and not smoke much when loading it and that’s worth $$$$$$ in my eyes.

Thank you in advance !!

This is an example of each that we are debating between. No particular brand, just visual ideas.
View attachment 1136365

View attachment 1136366

Thank you in advance !!

View attachment 1136365

View attachment 1136366
We've had really good luck with Hearthstone stoves - got 30 years out of the first one, and about 5 so far on its replacement. But they are pricey. Keep any eye out for a decent used stove on CL or FB marketplace. See them there fairly often as some people seem to fall in and out of love with burning wood pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Back