• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 201T-CM SOLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What brand miter saw did you find was most accurate?

Honestly I never found one I liked. The fence system on the Delta's was JUNK. The DeWalt is a better saw but micro adjustments are still less than desired. A lot of folks have said the Hitachi is superior and with never using one I cannot nor will not give an opion. I will say that the DeWalt 780 is a fine saw. I just would like to see some more smoothness

Never personally used one but many people claim Festool manufactures the best miter box. I have the Dewalt slider.

For $1500, it damn well better be a good machine. I have the Dewalt 718. It's been a fine saw for what I do.

yep, Festool is too expensive for what I might get into. I've built some pieces Im proud of with just a circular saw and jigsaw. It came down to the 780 or the Bosch. I picked the 780 bc of online reviews and the extra " on the cut.

I have never used the Festol products so there is no way I can give an opinion. The cost is very high compared to competitors. Some would say Weinig machines are high and they are right. There are hundreds of thousands of feet of moulding cut on ole Smithway's

Dang I was to late getting the money together. Great buy congrats!

Latest posts

Back