Husqvarna 350 Carb Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Learningeveryday

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,
Been reading for years. Great help and discussions. Now I need to ask a question. I bought a new carb for my 350. It has an extra 1/8" nipple coming out near the HL Screws and top diaphragm. Did I get the wrong carb? What should I do? Of course eBay said this would fit my saw. Haha.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    839.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3340.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 33
It's for the newer version with the primer bulb. You can cap it, I believe all it does is draw fuel through the carb and return it to the tank. Off the top of my head the first carb was an EL-18 and the one you bought was an EL-42, I think.

Thank you. I will try and get and set it tomorrow and get her running. Any tips on screw locations. I am usually plying with older stihls and they don't have those plastic cams. I was thinking they were for a safety and leaving them on there may not be a bad idea since I am going to give this thing to my brother in law.

Just had a moment to mess with it. For some reason it isn't picking up fuel from from the tank. I didn't have this problem before. Is there something I could have damaged at install. Heck there is only the feed line going to the carb. Pick up line and filter are clear. I can blow gas from the tank straight out the line??? Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Jonsered 2150, the tank vent is moulded into the tank assembly beneath the carb plate area of the casing on these saws. I had a similar problem with a 254xp drawing fuel after a carb rebuild. I left it overnight to pressurize the tank. Well at least thats what I think happened when I left it over night :crazy2: Worked fine the next day

used to love my 350 until it began having problems. right now it's on s shelf all apart...almost to the point where I might scrap it.

if you removed the carb be sure you don't have any air leaks in the boot it mounts to. I ended up stripping one of the holes in the plastic mount. ugh...15+ bucks for that piece of plastic.

and, as I was looking to replace the carb, I read where they changed the carb to a newer type supposedly for easier starting.

I think the old carb was 503 28 16-14 and the new replacement one is 503 28 32-08. but, double check that. i'm going by some numbers I had wrote down.

my original carb has two fuel line ports...one for the tank, the other for the primer bulb.

Back