Oregon 91 chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbready

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've seen this chainsaw but don't know the make? anybody heard of it and if so is it any good.I'll be using it just for lopping off overhanging branches and small trees obstructing telephone cables. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, is that glasgow UK your in? I have seen several saws on Ebay recently listed as a Oregon 91, as this is what it says on the bar. I think this is the low kick back chain and bar combo and not the actual make of the saw, if this is where you have seen them i would treat them with some caution.:deadhorse:

Charlie

I think like most the posts on here it depends what you want to do with it and how often you will use it? if you just want it to saw small branches and logs on a very infrequent basis then it will "probably" be ok, just dont expect any parts availability or dealerships to be able to work on it. I have a friend who had a taurus of ebay and its a ok saw, but he had a local dealer service it and they had it set up completely wrong as its not what their used to.

If you plan to use the saw regularly i would possibly invest in something a bit more mainstream eg small husky or stihl,

I believe that they are chinese knock offs of some chainsaw. Beware!!!

These guys were doing that for a while(calling them Orgeon saws when it was just the bar)....Now I notice that they are "Easy Start" , last year they were selling the saw cheap and charging $100 for shipping, Ebay cracked down on them.. I haven't check their shipping for a while.

See Ebay Item 270101704556

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Easy-Start-model-45cc-Chainsaw-Chain-Saw-20-Bar_W0QQitemZ270101704556QQcategoryZ20538QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi, is that glasgow UK your in? I have seen several saws on Ebay recently listed as a Oregon 91, as this is what it says on the bar. I think this is the low kick back chain and bar combo and not the actual make of the saw, if this is where you have seen them i would treat them with some caution.:deadhorse:

Charlie

Close, but not quite right.

What it is, is the Oregon "code" for .050 gauge 3/8" low profile stuff, not (only) low kickback stuff.;)

Last edited:
91VX...using VX probably gets me on a homeland security data mining list...oops! To me it looks like a knockoff of a Poulan Wildthing or Sears saw. Works good but not for real heavy duty cutting. Definitely an occaisonal use saw.

Back