Ported 661s..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have let this thread run today to allow concerns to be aired and if the member with the complaint does not step up soon this thread will be locked. Any member wishing to be banned can step forward and I will see that it happens. If some proof does not show up soon from someone that actually has had dealings with JMS then all I see is others talking out their rear ends.

Don't let the banter sidetrack everyone: it's been keeping this thread at the top.

Please leave it open so the nay Sayers don't have the excuse that some mean old Mod closed the thread before they could share their 1st Hand experiences.

I'm betting you dinner at the place of your choice no one has the stones to honesty step Forward.

As some of u say I need to defend my integrity well here it is. I sent my 661 to Julian originally for comparison with his tm saw. I've always been intrigued by the power Scott's been able to produce with these saws and thought mine would be a tough contender. I've never ran another ported 661 prior to mine and was fine with the performance, after all it was far ahead of stock so there was no pre meditated vendetta towards Jason with this in mind. Jason also built a 064 hybrid for me "Beatrice" that is a super strong saw, way ahead of my 661. Jason is a good builder and as I told him, if a few things were sharpened up on the business side there wouldn't be any issues. The muffler issue and the piston scuffing I confronted him about and there was never any freeport. He did try to fix the muffler but by that time the saw was with Julian. I think it takes some ingenuity for what he's done with these 661 cylinders and it does produce plenty of speed. Running a long bar with full comp chain I wanted more torque, this is why after running I switched to Tree Monkey. Julian has video of doing comparisons with builders saws in the past so I really didn't see the problem. If people got this pissed about timed cuts there would never be any racing would there?! This was never an intent to hurt Jason that's not what I'm about. I also said I didnt want any pics of port work being shown. All I wanted was to try something different. In the end it's my saw and no man will ever dictate what I choose to do with my property. Late reply I know, but it's been a long hard day.

If everyone posting can keep it clean and stop pointing fingers I want to leave this open even though we are receiving reports about this thread being allowed to run. I would like to hear from the mysterious member that has the real problem and not a lot of speculation of what coulda/woulda been problems. So, keep posting but keep it clean.

As some of u say I need to defend my integrity well here it is. I sent my 661 to Julian originally for comparison with his tm saw. I've always been intrigued by the power Scott's been able to produce with these saws and thought mine would be a tough contender. I've never ran another ported 661 prior to mine and was fine with the performance, after all it was far ahead of stock so there was no pre meditated vendetta towards Jason with this in mind. Jason also built a 064 hybrid for me "Beatrice" that is a super strong saw, way ahead of my 661. Jason is a good builder and as I told him, if a few things were sharpened up on the business side there wouldn't be any issues. The muffler issue and the piston scuffing I confronted him about and there was never any freeport. He did try to fix the muffler but by that time the saw was with Julian. I think it takes some ingenuity for what he's done with these 661 cylinders and it does produce plenty of speed. Running a long bar with full comp chain I wanted more torque, this is why after running I switched to Tree Monkey. Julian has video of doing comparisons with builders saws in the past so I really didn't see the problem. If people got this pissed about timed cuts there would never be any racing would there?! This was never an intent to hurt Jason that's not what I'm about. I also said I didnt want any pics of port work being shown. All I wanted was to try something different. In the end it's my saw and no man will ever dictate what I choose to do with my property. Late reply I know, but it's been a long hard day.

Thank You For Sharing.

Well, I see the real mysterious member has posted and he has set the record straight,finally. It seems Jason has some problems with his business ethics that he needs to attend to.

From the post above, I see others have some business ethics issues to resolve.

What are you referring to?

7b89877bfe060cb4e48f456c634e607d.png

Has something changed?

Thank You For Sharing.

From the post above, I see others have some business ethics issues to resolve.

What are you referring to?

I am referring to member Stihl84`s post, since he had dealings with Jason where there were problems, not so much with the port work but with a problem with the muffler and piston scuffing, he was looking for answers.

I am referring to member Stihl84`s post, since he had dealings with Jason where there were problems, not so much with the port work but with a problem with the muffler and piston scuffing, he was looking for answers.

He also said Jason corrected the muffler problem.

As for the Scuffing, the TM top end took care of that.

So much of this instance seems to have been blown out of proportion.

It's coming clear that some Original statements were not fact.

What's to be the outcome of that?

Stihl84 also said he didn't want pictures shared, but that happened anyway.

He also said Jason corrected the muffler problem.

As for the Scuffing, the TM top end took care of that.

So much of this instance seems to have been blown out of proportion.

It's coming clear that some Original statements were not fact.

What's to be the outcome of that?

Stihl84 also said he didn't want pictures shared, but that happened anyway.

This is why it`s so difficult to let threads like this run but I feel it`s necessary to get things out into the open and hopefully dealt with to the satisfaction to those that had the real dealings with Jason.

This is why it`s so difficult to let threads like this run but I feel it`s necessary to get things out into the open and hopefully dealt with to the satisfaction to those that had the real dealings with Jason.

I can see the difficulty.

It is necessary.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet Scott didn't know that Stihl84 didn't want those pictures shared.

It was strange earlier today when " I haven't posted any pictures" was stated, when the poster had posted videos: I didn't know why the statement was so strange until Stihl84 posted.

As I owe you dinner, pick it.
I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow.

first of all thank you for posting.

second, it seems I owe you, Jason, and everyone else an apology. I thought I was cleared to post those pics. I guess not. it won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back