Whats your thoughts on these little buggers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Hogden

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
?
474f095edc3911f2713bd843d55e2163.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If those are Australian dollars, that's about the same RRP as we have here, though the largest dealers are authorized by Stihl to offer discounts on professional-grade equipment.

I was very tempted by the 241 but ended up getting the clamshell 231 because I do not use smaller saws that much as to justify the price difference. So far the little plastic bugger has served me without fault and I have no problem suggesting it.
Honestly the 241 is great little saw but hard to justify for most people or firms: 60cc professional grade saws, regardless of brand, are not much more expensive and are far more versatile and if you do a lot of pruning top handles make much more sense.

It's $530 here. Australia money that worthless vs US? $1300 would buy a 661 here.

It's not just worthless money: it's just that US saw prices are so much lower than most if not the whole of the world. An Echo CS620 is what in the US? $600? Less? It translates to €515 at present exchange rate. My friendly Echo dealership sells those saws at €900 (including VAT), and it's a great price compared to RRP. It's exactly the same price I paid my MS362C last year and all things considered I opted for the saws I was more comfortable with but if the Echo had been the same full price as in the US plus VAT I would have bought it on the spot without even trying it or bother going to the Stihl dealership.
And it's the same with everything: leaf blowers, lawn mowers, chippers/shredders, spare parts etc. The only saving grace is at least we get backpack brushcutters whose sale is apparently banned in the US.

Over here in Finland 241c-m are sold for 599€ ( = 910 AUD/ 699 USD ) and 261cm is 699€ ( = 1062 AUD/ 815 USD), so it should be no brainer to go with 261cm.........

Back