Ebay carburetors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil_C

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello All
Has anybody tried some of the replacement carburetors on ebay that are a third of the price of genuine Stihl carbies? I am thinking of trying one in my little used HT75 pole saw and my FS85 brushcutter. They look the part in the pictures and I am pretty sure the genuine carby comes from China as well.

Regards

Phil

Hello All
Has anybody tried some of the replacement carburetors on ebay that are a third of the price of genuine Stihl carbies? I am thinking of trying one in my little used HT75 pole saw and my FS85 brushcutter. They look the part in the pictures and I am pretty sure the genuine carby comes from China as well.

Regards

Phil

Probably hit or miss like a lot of China built stuff. That said I had a clients 51 Husky that I rebuilt totally and it ran very well but started acting up.....not wanting to idle more than a minute or two then not wanting to restart. Tried a bunch of things...sent the carb through the UC for an extended time and put in another new kit.....changed out the coil...even replaced the flywheel, suspecting weak magnets....all to no avail.....it seemed to be better for a while but would soon be back to it's old self. In desperation I bought a cheap carb off ebay just to try.....I think it was $12.00 US delivered......included a fuel line and filter as well. I put it on and it started right up and with just a wee bit of tuning it dialed right in and ran perfect.....it's been gone from the shop for almost a year and is still running perfectly. Like I said probably hit or miss but for $10-$15 US worth a shot.....I think Husky wanted $100.00 +- depending on who you bought it from......partstree lists OEM for $135.00 plus shipping!!!!!

I get clone carbs for Husky, Poulan, Stihl saws. I'd guess only 2 out of 10 are wonky and just can't get dialed in. I've found the Zama clones work better on Husky 50,51,55 than do the Walbro clones. Dunno why.
I always get clones for trimmers, blowers, edgers, etc. I'd guess a 98% success rate there.

Just used one on an FS90 and the extra 2 feet of gas line they included is handy. Runs like new after tuning.

I’ve used close to 2 dozen so far. Of which only 2 were outright unusable. One Walbro clone for a Redmax was assembled incorrectly but was salvageable. Never could get the Zama C1Q Clone to idle down. I swapped a known good carb on to prove it wasn’t due to other issues, then got a genuine Stihl carb that worked fine. Overall I think they make sense if the OEM is crazy high. With many Stihl carbs available for around $30 or so, it gets a bit fuzzy. The Redmax OEM Walbro carbs retail at $70-100. On those it’s a no brainer.

All that said, the spark plugs, fuel line, fuel and air filters that often are bundled in the kit are junk.

Ive used several clone carbs. Got a few in my stuff. Just used a clone carb on a clone et 950 generator today. It starts runs and tunes way better then the stock carb ever did. Ive had a few i had to mess with springs on but none that were unuseable.

I have bought several for Stihl products with good results. Most worked fine a few needed some adjusting and I think I remember one that I could not get to run as it should. On the other hand I bought a couple for a Craftsman and could not get either one to run. Tom

Ive put the on stihl 029 310 440 and something else and all seem to work well

I put one on a husky 350 about a year ago and it's still making sawdust, deffinatly worth a $15 risk imo.

Hello All
Thanks for the feedback. I have just purchased two carbies. Turns out both the HT75 and FS85 take the same carby. Cost me about $12 each with free freight from China and they come with two spare primer bulbs.

Latest posts

Back