Chain Saw Sales Hawaii

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget that Mauna Kea regularly has snow in the winter. Kea is the Hawaiian word for white, mauna is mountain. The top can be white as early as late October, and I could see snow on the peak this year on about May 1. Usually it will melt within a few days of falling, but it can have enough for skiing and sledding.
Here is a view from my house of the mountain with snow well down the sides. You can also spot some of the observatory domes on the summit.
greenhouse2.jpg

And to illustrate the climate diversity, this is what I see looking the other direction
2018-04-12.jpg

Beautiful place you have there, CacaoBoy. Do you grow cacao?

Beautiful place you have there, CacaoBoy. Do you grow cacao?
Yes. We currently have 1200 trees in the ground, and a few hundred more started in the greenhouse, with a target of 4000 trees. Orchard expansion is paused this year while we construct a couple buildings for processing the cacao and turning some of it into chocolate.

An amazing place. Glad I got to visit there twice. Might never again. Seems every day the volcano looks to be getting worse.
Friends and family on the mainland seem to be panicking and thinking the island is virtually uninhabitable. But the volcano is actually affecting only a tiny portion. Kilauea volcano has been erupting continuously for over 35 years -- since January 1983. No one here is terribly surprised that the lower Puna area is being inundated once again, although it is a hardship for those who took a chance and bought, built, or rented a home in the area. For most of us, it is just life as normal in paradise.

Yes. We currently have 1200 trees in the ground, and a few hundred more started in the greenhouse, with a target of 4000 trees. Orchard expansion is paused this year while we construct a couple buildings for processing the cacao and turning some of it into chocolate.

Nice! Do you retail or wholesale any of it here?

Back