Jonsered 490, Partner 5000+ clutch springs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchkinkaid

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Don't post much here but recently came across a problem I haven't been able to solve...
Just came across a Jonsered 490 that needs clutch springs sand am having a heck of as time finding any, or a workaround.
Tried some from a beat Partner 500, better but chain is still engaging at idle.
Can these still be found anywhere?
Husqvarna 50 clutch fit?

Thanks

Agree w/JeremiahJohnson Husky 55 clutch. There is an AM 3 shoe on Ebay for like $11..00 been thinking about trying one. IIRC 55 clutch spring will work.
Shep

Thanks ncfarmboy

I saw that 3 shoe on there as well, might go that way too…Jonsered used a completely different clutch system on the 490 than Husqvarna did on the 50, two short compression springs 8mm od by 15mm length hold the shoes in at idle, can't see the springs in Jeremiah J's picture as they are captured in the clutch hub. Searched high and low for that dimension spring on the net (5/16 by 5/8 closest Imperial measurement) but nothin doin yet. Amazon has some 8mm heavy duty springs in 80 mm length, if I get too mad I may just go at those bad boys with a Dremel ...

A 262 3 shoe should work if a 55 fits, but are hard to find OEM. A 357, 359 maybe another option

Holy cats Modified Mark you could eat off that 5000+...somebody painted my 490 with a brush and blue house paint:(. I think they were trying to match the choke button colour, and they got really close.

Thanks for the guidance people, I found a clutch for a 55 that has no spring so I think I'll use that, spring part number I found is #501 456 101, so I will try it out and see how it does.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back