CSMilling with 390xp and 42" Bar???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really are preaching like what you have to say is gospel, and there is no other option. I am not out of my depth, thank you. Don’t just throw insults around because you’re on the internet. While you’re at it, knock off with the conspiracy theory peddling. It really makes you look like a fool. You don’t think I haven’t had to work within constraints as an engineer? Are you serious?

If you want to discuss out of your depth, ever looked at metallurgy of what’s being used now versus older engines for bottom ends? That’s why you get away with less oil, not the EPA dictating it. Maybe you should research that. All the research I’ve done on oil mixes has turned up stuff for dirt bikes, nothing on *** and nothing I would dare call a scholarly article.

Anyway, I’m not going to derail the thread any further. I run my stuff at the manufacturer’s spec and my last 044 lasted over 20 years running 50:1 Stihl Ultra. My current 461 is still going strong on the same mix. And yeah, I live out of a truck every summer and these saws see a lot more use than most of the saws people own here.

Did you know in extream condition some manufactures recommend more oil? The EPA was in part responsible for lowering recommended mix ratios to reduce commissions. Conspiracy theory? no! just common sense and understanding how the world actually works. Everything made today has built-in obsolescence, that's the only way manufactures stay in businesses. It is clear no information will be good enough for you, in fact you just said so above, that says everything we need to know. You are right whatever you find that says otherwise you will never except, as you know better than everyone else. Every engine build here, some of which are engineers recommend more oil. And no, quality of oil does not make up for quantity. But obviously I'm not an engineer so it is clear I should behave myself and not challenged the gods lol.:numberone:

Take care:).

Got my answer, in 34" of Live Oak anyway. Nope. Ribbons for 6". Still cutting at 12. Slowly. Bogging at 16". bar at powerhead failed spit test at "18. We'll see about some softer Pecan tomorrow.

Might handle it better if the chain didn't hate Live Oak so much but it was tough going even when it was throwing ribbons.

You sir are of course correct ... I wouldn’t waste my time trying to educate individuals who know everything already ... in fact I’ve watched a video of the above Ohio genius using a 462c and stating the “he’s not a logger” - I will take real - world examples over the “opinion” of a guy who is a weekend warrior at best !

You mean I'm an honest person not a pathological liar?

Hello Frank![emoji112]

Back