McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't suppose it matters if the coil wire looks like this.I went to take the coil off the saw to replace it & the wire just pulled out of the plug boot & was frayed with all the insulation gone.
Ed

View attachment 746010
Looks fine , just spit on it and throw the boot back on

ok got this ol girl in fighting shape after a operator's error..had it up before but this time i really did fix it!! love that chrome bar on it
5624a8091f072a982589683c1894db69.jpg
b96bcfa92872f93ce06ff2835c00cedd.jpg
5c3be40213e82d92148b3837a9fd5fd2.jpg
e13e304d00513b39b7edfdeb4d9b879f.jpg
4de566a4b08064b281827848f601a252.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

They call the people who at the very last second place a bid a sniper.I've gotten fairly good at sniping myself.Lol I'm sure that I've pissed off a bunch of people by doing that,but oh well,that's the game.
Ed

They call the people who at the very last second place a bid a sniper.I've gotten fairly good at sniping myself.Lol I'm sure that I've pissed off a bunch of people by doing that,but oh well,that's the game.
Ed
18 year vet meself lol antique wood & metalworking tools,saws/parts,books all kinds of stuff over the years

well sir its a 32 sandvik windsor speedtip i stole it from a guy off ebay at the last second for 60 buckaroos..hope that guy wasnt you

Nice never seen a chrome 1 before.

Yeah you guys are lucky on our nz auction site every bid in the last 60 seconds auto extends up to a minute again so cant pull that trick

Yeah you guys are lucky on our nz auction site every bid in the last 60 seconds auto extends up to a minute again so cant pull that trick

Unlikely it's chrome (nickel) plating as that process introduces hydrogen embrittlement. More than likely just polished steel alloy.

This 48" Sabre bar is just polished.

48 in SAbre hard nose (1).JPG

As is this MAC 10 series 20" bar

DSCF2797.JPG

Ed
yep ive been got more than a few myself saved me some money lol

i havent either so when i saw it with less than a minute to go i got it..lucky i saw it at all and it hasnt been used until this coming saturday[emoji1][emoji1]

i havent either so when i saw it with less than a minute to go i got it..lucky i saw it at all and it hasnt been used until this coming saturday[emoji1][emoji1]

Awesome. Its amazing how little a 32 looks on that big saw a 32 on my 800 seems huge.

Pretty stink video but anyway...

Constant cutting through knots is hard slow going. Hows the tune? Feels a tad rich but I'm happy with it like that on these big long cuts

Back