Chainsaw identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesB

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First time poster. Hoping you guys can help identify this saw. I've looked through a bunch of pictures and can't find an exact match. Jonsered? Homelite? Craftsman?
It runs great, but needs a little TLC. Trying to figure out if it's worth putting any money into?

20190813_063015.jpg 20190813_063023.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, 2800 was 46cc, too tired to dig my owners manual out. Looks like someone butchered the cylinder cover pretty well, sad what some folks will do to a saw.

Steve Sidwell

"Possible 1987 Poulan 3000 variant?"
That's my draft saved from 12 hours ago. I didn't post then because the intake threw me.
1980s 2800s were differentiated from 3000s not only by capacity, they also
had uncoated cylinders and chromed pistons. Maybe that doesn't apply to later versions.

I'm torn... The thing runs great, but sucks to use without the air filter and cover. The carb spits fuel and the fuel line leaks at the tank if the saw isn't flat and level. I'm getting sick of being covered in fuel every time I use it!
Not sure whether it's worth investing in, or if i just pick up a new saw.

As a side note, the paint on the front of the case is wearing off to expose the original Poulan color... I guess the benchmark branded saw was a factory repaint?

Thread on same saw with info. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/benchmark-bm-46-(poulan-2800)/msg17281/#msg17281

I wouldnt be running it without a air filter.

I would run a new impulse line using 3mmx6mm oem echo line. Put in a new tank vent line and check your duckbill. Put in a new fuel line that fits tighter.

Air filters and still be bought used and nos for decent prices. Just watch the ebay folks trying to hammer you on crazy prices.

Covers can be found. I just sold 2 sets of the grey 3.0 3.3 saws that would have worked.

Back