Bow rebuild service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes a full chisel chain is not Ideal for a bow but that is what most people want for the cutting speed. they don't realize that semi stays sharp longer.

Stick around here long enough and you will realise, there are a whole lot of them here that don't reailise that they don't realise a whole lot of things. :ices_rofl:

Good afternoon,

Just wanted to let the forum know that I just had a clearing bow refurbished by Bow Master and it came out better than expected.

I got it on eBay only to find it was worn out. I saw this post and decided to take a shot and see if it could be fixed.

It came back with a new edge, recut groove, spurs, hardware, paint and guards! Communication was great and I highly recommend him if you need a bow refurbished.

Thanks again!

Good afternoon,

Just wanted to let the forum know that I just had a clearing bow refurbished by Bow Master and it came out better than expected.

I got it on eBay only to find it was worn out. I saw this post and decided to take a shot and see if it could be fixed.

It came back with a new edge, recut groove, spurs, hardware, paint and guards! Communication was great and I highly recommend him if you need a bow refurbished.

Thanks again!

Pics?

Here are some before and after pictures.

Attachments

• 20170606_155139.jpg
    20170606_155139.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 28
  • 20170606_155046.jpg
    20170606_155046.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20170606_155125.jpg
    20170606_155125.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 31
  • Resized_20170501_162936.jpeg
    Resized_20170501_162936.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 28
Here are some before and after pictures.

I have bucked up quite a bit of firewood with mine in the 7 months since I purchased mine from Mr. Green. It works flawless, and the rails show no appreciable wear as of yet. i did ruin one of those chains though when I dipped and got a bit of lava rock.....snapped two teeth right off of the chain

I don't have to harden the rails after I weld them up with Stellite. And the areas not welded just get redressed with a sander, and I keep the temp low to not change the factory heat treat. I built a machine with a X/Y mill drill table and a fixed grinder to recut the slots. Again I have NEVER had one comeback to me defective. I do not mind answering your questions, but I have one, are any of you interested in my service of are you just curious. I will go one more The first person to send me a Bow to rebuild I will rebuild the bow as well as put New guards on it for $100 if the will leave Honest feed back to the other users of this site. AS I STAND BEHIND MY WORKMANSHIP. Here is a pic of the guard I had bent.View attachment 563170
I want your address to send my bow in for repair. I think the bow is bent, cuts angling to one side.
Do you have a rebuilt bow for Husqvarna 65?
Text: 912 850-8844

I bought a poulan bow for my 3700 from him- Excellent workmanship + a new chain. I use bow saws a lot --they make wood cutting more fun. I also run the xl12 setup with a bow. Manual oiler is great for bow work.Give him a try--no regrets here-got my moneys worth. David-South West Ga. --Albany Ga.:drinkingcoffee:

Stick around here long enough and you will realise, there are a whole lot of them here that don't reailise that they don't realise a whole lot of things. :ices_rofl:

Never ran anything except full chisel chain on my Bow's. Never had a problem with the Bow cutting into the dirt. Fact is the Bow will help you keep from cutting into the dirt if you use it right. When you get to the end of the cut you can rest the gig on the ground, rock the saw forward and finish the cut without contacting the dirt. You are a whole lot more likely to cut into the dirt with a Bar Saw than a Bow saw. More cutter links in the chain so the chain will stay sharper, longer. Bow will resist pinch because the bow has a thinner blade and is beveled on the back of the blade so you can simply push it on through the cut without it pinching. Will save you back a heap from stooping over and you can run a Bigger saw without tiring out because you use the weight of the saw to feed the cut, all you have to do is hold the handle and let it eat.

I Tig weld on stellite #6 alloy all around the nose as well as the tail end so hardening is not required I then regrind the slot to .050/.063. My facility is just my 28X60 shop. I can fix ANYTHING on a bow as far as quality I have rebuilt over 300 in the last 4 years and have never had one comeback defective. I sell most of them on eBay you can look me up under jgreen70.
this has been 4 years ago just wondering if you still reface bow bar

Latest posts

Back