Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And as soon as you start cutting you say “why did i put you away, your fun!”

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
You can hear that saw from a long way away. It’s not obnoxiously loud to operate though and isn’t crackly at all.

You can hear that saw from a long way away. It’s not obnoxiously loud to operate though and isn’t crackly at all.

I LOVE loud saws......and trucks....... .guns......

I just like having fun[emoji23]
And loud things are fun to me[emoji1303]

Can't like this one enough. Shoot em all.

Took me a minute to figure this one out SVK. I assume you meant to comment on the picture of the coyote that Plowboy posted and not mine of the Amish sawmills. I thought that yeah I'm not really a fan of some Amish but I don't think I would shoot them all.

Here they have relaxed the restrictions. Years ago we had a form we would fill out as to where the wood was cut and where it was going. 50 mile radius restriction. I got stopped a couple of times by DEP . Now I just drive by them . EAB is pretty much statewide. Here is the next one I'll be felling. It's in my backyard been dying for 3 or 4 years this year only had a few branches with leaves and the bark is starting to peel 10'5" at the baseView attachment 785065 View attachment 785066

I’m right around the corner, Bloomingburg. The ash I’ve been cleaning up is in Wurtsboro. It originally looked like your project. I know we’ve talked before. My good pal lives on Porter Rd right by the reservoir.

Took me a minute to figure this one out SVK. I assume you meant to comment on the picture of the coyote that Plowboy posted and not mine of the Amish sawmills. I thought that yeah I'm not really a fan of some Amish but I don't think I would shoot them all.
Yes, did I quote the wrong one?

Figured you guys would want to see my red headed step child lose her virginity in some of my hardwood[emoji1787]. Thanks Chipper1 for letting me adopt your untouched redhead.

Man thats messed up.[emoji51]

Set to 13,000 out of the wood right now. Will turn it up a tad after a few more heat cycles. For what it is I think It did pretty darn good in hardwood (red oak i think) I’m pretty excited to see how it does after the 2172 conversion. Then it will go to Kevin to get her holes blowed out a bit....[emoji1787].

New 24”bar and new chain as well

(And she is already warmed up before the video)

I had the husky version. Great saw as it is. Enjoy!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

1966. And mine was tired and had a rod knock.

Nice, I thought it was a 66 or 67! Another friend of mine had 2 Chevelle's back in the day. The 66 was a full out race car with a built 350 that he shifted at 8,800 RPM's and turned an 11:23, not bad for a small block with no power adders (well, it did have 2 4s on a Tunnel Ram).

The 69 was his street car and had a 302 Z-28 engine in it, 456 gears, ladder bars, and MT tires. He beat a lot of big block street cars with that setup, including a 1965 396 Vette.

G'day boys, down in Melbourne now, the cool change has come through here and it's 20ºC here now. Back home it is 42ºC (or 108ºF) and the fun is just getting started. We're optimistic that our house will stihl be there when we wake in the morning. The next 4 hours are key.

I LOVE loud saws......and trucks....... .guns......

I just like having fun[emoji23]
And loud things are fun to me[emoji1303]

But its more fun sometimes to make them quiet. :D

Attachments

• 20200103_140337.jpg
    20200103_140337.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Hope it all works out for you and your community Cowboy.
Here at my house currently 47c outside, in the western suburbs away from the coast it’s currently 48.6C, just under 120F (there saying on the news currently the hottest place on the planet). Relative humidity 8%, when the wind comes up there is zero chance of fighting or stopping the fires.

Hope it all works out for you and your community Cowboy.
Here at my house currently 47c outside, in the western suburbs away from the coast it’s currently 48.6C, just under 120F (there saying on the news currently the hottest place on the planet). Relative humidity 8%, when the wind comes up there is zero chance of fighting or stopping the fires.
The humidity there was the 1st thing I thought of when I saw the reports of fires. Being from one of the more humid parts of the US one of the things that struck me was how dry most of Australia is. 25 yrs ago I spent 5 wks touring Australia and the only time it rained is when I was in Port MacQuarie. Where it downpoured for 2 days.

I'll take some of your "warm" for a week to get rid of the mud.:laugh:
You know it’s funny because winter arrived early but because we got a lot of snow early, nothing is frozen yet. I plowed a previously unplowed section of the driveway yesterday and the ground was soft! Even runoff in the woods still has standing water.

We often have 14-16” of ice by now. We are lucky to have 8”. Fools driving their trucks continue to break through.

And as soon as you start cutting you say “why did i put you away, your fun!”

[emoji23][emoji23]

Actually, every time I have fun with a saw and put it away, I say, "why did I put that saw away, now I can't find it".

Our house was built in 87 and all of the tape on the drywall in the garage is starting to fall off. My wife has been moving redoing it higher and higher on the to do list. I said I was going to just screw plywood over the old drywall and I wouldn't have to tape it. I figured if I wanted to hang something light on it I wouldn't have to worry about finding a stud. While I'm at it I'm going to put up 18" steel brackets and 2" thick live edge Oak shelves all the way around. I'll have a Homelite wall, Mac wall, Poulan wall, and on one side of the garage door a David Bradly wall, and on the other side a Lombard wall. I guess the Stihls will still have to go under the Barracuda on the floor?

Back