Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I got done was swapping out some light bulbs to LED's. Yard light needs changing but probably wait for a dry day for that.

Light snow here should stop around 3am-ish. Had us in the 1-4" totals last I saw. Got close to 2" for sure. Temps started out above freezing but dropping slowly. Looks like New Years day will be our best shot at a dry day for awhile.

View attachment 783972

ah-h, winter! :D swell pix, says it all!

Better porting and coil are the only big differences. Carb is bigger but not enough to make a real difference. The rest is just unnecessary trinkets :lol:. Ported 590 is the same price or cheaper then a 620. That's what I would do. The full wrap is the only thing off the 620 I wish my 590 had.
The dawgs, the rim sprocket, and the mag cover(especially if it has the captive bar nuts) are what I would like, and a wrap would be great too. But being real I haven't used the ported 357 I have much even after selling the ported 361, at this stage in the game I use the 50's and jump right to the 70's. I would like a lightweight wrap, but the 462r should do all this at about the same weight, just need to mount up a lightweight 24" bar on it. Maybe I should sell the 357 too.

hi chipper - seems u r up late tonite. almost 2 am... (yawn) am about to call it even. few pages still to go. maybe tomorrow... take care.
Yep, when the guys want something I have I try to get right back with them.
It's almost 3am here now, I'm crashing right now, unless :badpc::lol:.
Goodnight buddy.

The dawgs, the rim sprocket, and the mag cover(especially if it has the captive bar nuts) are what I would like, and a wrap would be great too. But being real I haven't used the ported 357 I have much even after selling the ported 361, at this stage in the game I use the 50's and jump right to the 70's. I would like a lightweight wrap, but the 462r should do all this at about the same weight, just need to mount up a lightweight 24" bar on it. Maybe I should sell the 357 too.
I'll probably go to the rim setup if the spur setup ever wares out. The mag clutch cover seems like it would just be added weight. Haven't managed to break the plastic one. I guess the captive bar nuts could be a bonus for some but not a necessity. All the upgraded stuff on the 620 is nice but none of it is necessary.

I'll probably go to the rim setup if the spur setup ever wares out. The mag clutch cover seems like it would just be added weight. Haven't managed to break the plastic one. I guess the captive bar nuts could be a bonus for some but not a necessity. All the upgraded stuff on the 620 is nice but none of it is necessary.
Neither is porting:lol:.

Back