Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kiwi, looks like some good rain over the fire grounds in the next week. Maybe your aunt's place will be ok after all.

pme1to8.png
Fingers crossed for a good dousing

What my uncle fails to remember is, he is retired. I only have Saturdays and Sundays to cut wood. But he has all seven days to play outside.

Snapped these pictures as I drove by this morning on my way to work, there’s more wood in the back and the sides

Attachments

• EA4D085B-7197-45A9-80F8-D4C03DFC12CD.jpeg
    EA4D085B-7197-45A9-80F8-D4C03DFC12CD.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 465112EB-D1DE-4797-9F60-BB806CF21A18.jpeg
    465112EB-D1DE-4797-9F60-BB806CF21A18.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 38
  • 6B12A683-DE3F-4BE9-8D82-241E7616DCBD.jpeg
    6B12A683-DE3F-4BE9-8D82-241E7616DCBD.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 37
First step is grab all the pallets I have stacked at work! Second is grab the boy I gave my 305sbc to. I LS swapped my older Camaro and gave a 16 year old boy the 305. Third grab my nephew and the dump trailer. 4th grab the brother in-law. My BIL cutting, me filling in between cutting and loading. 16yo boy loading, nephew loading and driving/dumping. Best I can think of. DANG I wish it wasn’t Tax Season!! Mustang Mike would turn them into firewood rounds in NO TIME!

At least it's close. I do alot by myself but I'm retired so I take my time. Hopefully by next week the ground will firm up at my scrounge.

It’s a treasure trove Uncle Mike. I’ll be able to actually have other wood to mix in with ALL THIS DANG ASH......
That's what I'm burning now. Been way to warm for oak or black locust. But next week I'll switch over to them . Not suppose to get out of the 20's

It’s a balmy 10 degrees this morning. Supposed to snow 4 out of the next 5 days so I’ll be putting on the plow tonight.

You mean you’re not going to put your plow on and drive around with it for eight months as a status symbol....?

Boy that happens quite often around here.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

You mean you’re not going to put your plow on and drive around with it for eight months as a status symbol....?

Heck no lol. I hate driving with the plow. If I still had my boss plow I’d disconnect it every day. This Western is a bit more work plus the wiring harness is a little wonky when reconnecting so I try to keep it the motions to a minimum.

Same here. Mine sometimes stays on for a couple of weeks but only when I'm not using the truck to get firewood or gravel. Today I picked up 8 tons with the dump trailer two trips

Heck no lol. I hate driving with the plow. If I still had my boss plow I’d disconnect it every day. This Western is a bit more work plus the wiring harness is a little wonky when reconnecting so I try to keep it the motions to a minimum.

The Boss plow is nice I replaced the sno way plow I had . Used it one season and traded it in on the Boss.

Well Chipper me and the old farmer talked some more about the 4 Huskys. He said the 266 runs but hasn’t ran since I put the jug and slug in it years ago, his pal had replaced it with the 460. 460 he just put a helicoil in to fix the spark plug, when that went down the old man went back to the store and bought a 455. The 455 is straight gassed (supposedly) and the 357 he doesn’t know what’s wrong. I asked AGAIN how much for all 4, he says “why?” I say, cause you know I got a thing for orange and I know you only like Stihl. He says, “buy me lunch today and I’ll give you that 266 cause you never let me pay you for your time when you fixed it” I said ok, what about the rest, “we’ll see what’s on the lunch menu tomorrow” was his answer...

so we’ll see if he brings in the 266 tomorrow...

You guys are cracking me up with the plow talk, at work we have BOSS V plows. They have about the easiest hookup. We hook them up before thanksgiving and take them off about Easter. But, those trucks only move to plow snow or when the service manager needs a 2500HD not his little Colorado......

Here’s my firewood hauler when that dang salter isn’t on it!

Attachments

• 062A9E37-C9E3-4CA6-A9B7-9C7BFD3BA7C4.jpeg
    062A9E37-C9E3-4CA6-A9B7-9C7BFD3BA7C4.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 22
What my uncle fails to remember is, he is retired. I only have Saturdays and Sundays to cut wood. But he has all seven days to play outside.

Snapped these pictures as I drove by this morning on my way to work, there’s more wood in the back and the sides
Shoot man you don't want that stuff, it looks like it's been dead for a while lol.
Matt, in that middle pic, I can't tell what is down … but I see standing Locust and Shag Bark!!!
First thing I noticed too :cheers:.
Well Chipper me and the old farmer talked some more about the 4 Huskys. He said the 266 runs but hasn’t ran since I put the jug and slug in it years ago, his pal had replaced it with the 460. 460 he just put a helicoil in to fix the spark plug, when that went down the old man went back to the store and bought a 455. The 455 is straight gassed (supposedly) and the 357 he doesn’t know what’s wrong. I asked AGAIN how much for all 4, he says “why?” I say, cause you know I got a thing for orange and I know you only like Stihl. He says, “buy me lunch today and I’ll give you that 266 cause you never let me pay you for your time when you fixed it” I said ok, what about the rest, “we’ll see what’s on the lunch menu tomorrow” was his answer...

so we’ll see if he brings in the 266 tomorrow...
Hopefully it's good :sweet:.

Back