Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I probably should show you guys my 1st green colored green chainsaw I've had it and a real dog of a 3400 for around a week but haven't had a chance to have a look at her well anyway it's got spark and a great looking and feeling piston.

Here it is after a quick rag over View attachment 788918 View attachment 788919 View attachment 788920
Will get at it more tomorrow hopefully or the weekend. I've got a 16 inch and full chisel chain lined up for it. If you guys had bigger saws for longer bars would a 16 be nice for a 3400?
That's Super Clean. Nice find you got. Nothing wrong with a 16" bar, got one as a spare.

Steve Sidwell

Hey Guys!

This is Chris Thieroff and I'm the guy developing these cylinders.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Just to be clear, we are developing our own piston for these and are only using the LRB for testing purposes because our piston is still in development.

View attachment 788945 View attachment 788946 View attachment 788947 View attachment 788948 View attachment 788949

Since you're developing your own piston does that mean maybe doing a pop up or something? :D

Hey Guys!

This is Chris Thieroff and I'm the guy developing these cylinders.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Just to be clear, we are developing our own piston for these and are only using the LRB for testing purposes because our piston is still in development.

View attachment 788945 View attachment 788946 View attachment 788947 View attachment 788948 View attachment 788949

Beautiful just plain beautiful. This is something everyone here has hoped would happen 1 day for a long time and has really givin life to these saws.

Between this and Todd's monster saws the green paint is still shining away brightly:) well done
That's Super Clean. Nice find you got. Nothing wrong with a 16" bar, got one as a spare.

Steve Sidwell

Thanks Steve I don't think it's done a whole lot of work really. Have been holding out for a green saw for ages looks dam good among the others and finally a friend for the 4000

never had 4000.
anyone know if this fits 3800?
need p/c for one.

You bet ya it will fit.

Jethro I used a 16 bar for all my cutting on my 3400. It must have cut 100 plus cord with it. I didn't know any better back in the day that you could get longer bars for them. I still have it.

Well 16 it is then I'll flog it off the echo it's got a busted handle at the moment anyway

interested in set.
not on fb.
Going to be a few months until we put them into production. We're still in the prototype phase. Have 3 testers out in the field right now.

Gotta get the ok on the cylinder and then the piston squared away. Just doing my due diligence.

We also had some upper cylinder gasket (base gasket, cylinder to intake and intake to carb) sets made and have a wrist pin puller tool. Gonna be dandy!

I'll be announcing it loud and clear when they're up for grabs. There will be PLENTY to go around!

Beautiful just plain beautiful. This is something everyone here has hoped would happen 1 day for a long time and has really givin life to these saws.

Between this and Todd's monster saws the green paint is still shining away brightly:) well done

Thanks Steve I don't think it's done a whole lot of work really. Have been holding out for a green saw for ages looks dam good among the others and finally a friend for the 4000

I actually sent a set up to my friend @Todd Loosli to test out. I'm sure he'll share some details when the time comes.

I actually sent a set up to my friend @Todd Loosli to test out. I'm sure he'll share some details when the time comes.

Cool bananas Todd's a good chap to send that too and he saved a few logs for winter shinanagins.

So when do ya think these will ready for sale?

Edit oops didn't see the post above lol

Everything I see so far is just beautiful, I like the looks of the porting and the pistons look great.

I have 3 Poulans 3.7s in craftsman colors. Been thinking I need a 3.4 to play with also. Have a home for a set on my Grey Craftsman, it is a thick ring.

Ken

Everything I see so far is just beautiful, I like the looks of the porting and the pistons look great.

I have 3 Poulans 3.7s in craftsman colors. Been thinking I need a 3.4 to play with also. Have a home for a set on my Grey Craftsman, it is a thick ring.

Ken

Hi Ken!

I really do agree. I've been quite satisfied with the prototypes so far. They really look fantastic. Since we purchased the molds and own them they will be brand new when we start production and we should be able to get a consistent nice product out of the casting molds for the distant future. The factory is producing them on a new modern machine and their plating work looks darn nice too!

Cool bananas Todd's a good chap to send that too and he saved a few logs for winter shinanagins.

So when do ya think these will ready for sale?

Edit oops didn't see the post above lol
Realistically if we don't run into any issues I'm shooting for mid-2020

Back