Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a little bit interesting and a learning process. I've also made some other changes to the setup not related to the rings, but I think they will be welcomed overall. Since they're being made overseas and the international standard is metric these days we went ahead and opted to tap all the holes in the cylinder as metric. With that being said, though, we will also be including a 6/pc hardware kit with each cylinder to help guys simply convert to metric. We also changed the intake bolts and the 2 longer muffler bolts from a hex cap bolt to a socket cap bolt. This will improve installation ease and you could also head down to your local hardware/Fastenal/Tractor Supply and grab a couple pieces of hardware if you had to.

The idea is to ship the cylinders with the following:
  • Cylinder, with insignia cast in it
  • Piston, with insignia cast in it
  • Rings
  • Wrist Pin
  • Hardware kit (2/pcs short muffler bolt, 2/pcs long muffler screw, 2/pcs intake screw)
  • Upper Cylinder Gasket Set (Intake to cylinder, intake to carb, cylinder base gasket)
Thanks to guys like @Todd Loosli for giving me a second set of eyes and to everyone else for making conversation about this!

View attachment 789215 View attachment 789216 View attachment 789217 View attachment 789218 View attachment 789219 View attachment 789220

I'm really liking this. Does it come with a cool sticker for my saw box? Lol

I see you have a big scary dog for the little counter vibes on Ebay. Does it have an inner 1 to match? A duel spike would make it extra scary for my plastic stihl wealding step brother hahaha. Although he seems to leave his in the truck and runs my old saws instead lately

Screenshot_20200117-163813_Chrome.jpg Hello all. I have some questions about a possible purchase. I think it's a craftsman version of a counter vibe 3400 or bigger he wants 25 for it. It complete and has compression according to him. Is it worth grabbing . It's in the front row next to a mac. I might go check it out tomorrow

I'm really liking this. Does it come with a cool sticker for my saw box? Lol

I see you have a big scary dog for the little counter vibes on Ebay. Does it have an inner 1 to match? A duel spike would make it extra scary for my plastic stihl wealding step brother hahaha. Although he seems to leave his in the truck and runs my old saws instead lately

I'm sure we could get some stickers, etc sent out to you if you dropped me a reminder ;)

Right now we have just modeled the inner spike, but could end up making an inner one in the future. I've got to see if I have a template to draw from.

View attachment 789327 Hello all. I have some questions about a possible purchase. I think it's a craftsman version of a counter vibe 3400 or bigger he wants 25 for it. It complete and has compression according to him. Is it worth grabbing . It's in the front row next to a mac. I might go check it out tomorrow

With it having the grey color to the grip area and black top, I think it might be a 3800, later model 3700. I have a 3800 and it is a great 61cc saw.

I would grab it for $25!

View attachment 789327 Hello all. I have some questions about a possible purchase. I think it's a craftsman version of a counter vibe 3400 or bigger he wants 25 for it. It complete and has compression according to him. Is it worth grabbing . It's in the front row next to a mac. I might go check it out tomorrow
Don't forget it's little brother the top handle Poulan. Great little limb trimmer.

Steve Sidwell

This is my latest project that I have been working on for the last month. Started before the 4000 cylinder project came along. It will come in handy for testing the saws. The dino has a pump on the end of the bar and I can control the pressure. Tried it out today and it works pretty good with a 3400 ]

Attachments

• 20200117_151914.jpg
    20200117_151914.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back