Looking like 90% Ash next year.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marley5

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I went outside my property for the first time this year to cut wood cause a farmer friend wanted dead Ash cut away from his fence line.

I know a lot of ya'll love Ash, it ain't bad but a big step backwards for my boiler. It's had a steady diet of White Oak. Lol

My boiler better get a taste for it cause I got a bunch.20200130_141434.jpg

I know a lot of ya'll love Ash
Did someone call my name? :hi:

This is just one listing (1st one on the google), most probably have more separation from oak and it depends on species, but it's not a bad trade-off with ease to process and much less seasoning required. I wouldn't turn white oak away though... nice score either way. 20200130_185635.png

It is funny - I know there are guys who swear by sugar maple too. Probably a lot of variables. I rarely use only a single type of wood and rarely fill my OWB unless it's extremely cold - then it might be all hickory or whatever. I guess you could mix ash and oak to make it work for you.

Ash all I have been burning pretty much for 20 years.
But I am not a wood snob so when a big popular came down neaxt door to my inlaws I cut it and burned it.
I how ever have pretty much cleaned up the Ash on my property.

:D Al

we dropped over 157 ash trees at the golf course. I just picked them up with the front loader and piled them up. A few guys came in and had that pile gone in two weeks.

There must be 400+ more that could be dropped, but they're off the fairways so they don't pose any danger. I moved away so i don't work/play there any more, but i could get cherry, oak, hickory, walnut...you name it.

I stopped burning ash because it left too many ashes to clean out. nice smelling wood, but damn, the ashes....

Back